Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#501 Old 14th Jan 2024 at 8:15 PM
Currently watching Big Mouth, on Netflix. I'm catching up on the latest season.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#502 Old 23rd Jan 2024 at 3:54 AM Last edited by Deshong : 24th Jan 2024 at 11:40 PM.
I just finished watching the first episode of Blue Eye Samurai on Netflix.

I knew it! I knew my intuition about the samurai kept giving off certain vibes so it came to no surprise at the reveal at the end of episode 1. I mean it just made sense for various tell-tales throughout the episode. But that is so funny...oh peaches, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJ1yQn17lbE

Edit: The first full episode is here, courtesy by Netflix: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cm73ma6Ibcs
Field Researcher
#503 Old 3rd Mar 2024 at 10:02 PM
3%, a post-apocalyptic thriller set in near-future Brazil, where a select few are allowed to join a privileged society after undergoing an intense and competitive process. I didn't expect this one to be so good. IMHO most Netflix productions suck, but this one was really good There's also one character I relate to.

Screenshots

If I lived on Mars, I would be pleased because the Earth is not my cup of tea
Forum Resident
#504 Old 20th Apr 2024 at 12:56 AM Last edited by Deshong : 22nd Apr 2024 at 11:13 PM.
Parasyte: The Grey

I watched the anime version called Parasyte -the maxim- but have not read the manga but I'm sure it's obviously good since the anime/live-action are both based on the manga. Though the main character is different in The Grey. I can't wait for season 2 with that ending.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_WSemD1qD4

=======

Arcane

It's based on League of Legends which I heard about but never played and I don't think I ever will. But the animated series is more to my liking. Yeah, see I need to be reminded how much words can help or hurt. But everyone has a choice to deal with trauma in a positive way or a negative way. Hence one of my favorite tropes such as Naruto vs Sasuke. Another series I cannot wait for season 2. I'm also surprised it took me this long to finally watch this, it's really good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXmAurh012s

Previous Game: Batman: Arkham Knight (Hard Mode/Unfinished-Another Time)

Current Game(s): ObsCure and Cyberpunk 2077
Test Subject
#505 Old 7th Jun 2024 at 10:00 PM
My brother has finally showed interest in watching my beloved Twilight Zone, so lately I've been having a blast revisiting my favorite episodes with him. He isn't a big TV watcher, whereas I'm clearly predisposed to the Film & Literature hobby, haha. I finally realize for myself how Sims in TS2 must feel when they fulfill the "Talk About Hobby" want!
Test Subject
#506 Old 27th Jul 2024 at 10:51 PM
Doctor Who, Star Trek (I'm going to my first trek con tomorrow actually), The Umbrella Academy, Scooby Doo, and I'm kinda getting back into Supernatural because a bunch of my friends are starting to watch it for the first time.
Test Subject
#507 Old 27th Jul 2024 at 10:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chamelea
My brother has finally showed interest in watching my beloved Twilight Zone, so lately I've been having a blast revisiting my favorite episodes with him. He isn't a big TV watcher, whereas I'm clearly predisposed to the Film & Literature hobby, haha. I finally realize for myself how Sims in TS2 must feel when they fulfill the "Talk About Hobby" want!

I haven't watched the Twilight Zone since 7th grade! I should start watching it again, I remember it being really good lol.
Scholar
#508 Old 12th Aug 2024 at 4:16 AM Last edited by Elynda : 12th Aug 2024 at 4:56 AM.
Anyone remember "The Water Margin?". A Japanese serial, set in medieval China, which the BBC screened an English dubbed version of, more moons ago than I care to count. As kids, myself and my siblings loved it (in spite of our father thinking it was silly nonsense) and we lapped it up. Well, during our sojourn in Singapore we were exposed to much Japanese T.V. and we were regular patrons of the magnificent Cathay cinema, watching martial arts movies that we'd have been too young get in to see back home. So, after returning to England, "The Water Margin" was something special.

Well, a while back, I managed to get a boxed set of the whole series from Amazon, and that's what I've been watching for that last few hours. Well, you know how it is: you say to yourself "I'll watch just two episodes, and then go to bed". And having enjoyed those two you say "Just one more, and then bed" and so on, and before you know it those two episodes have stretched out into ten. I've sixteen more to go, but I really must knock it on the head now.

So tomorrow night (or I ought to say tonight now) it'll be more adventures of from Liang Shan Po.

We kids all had our favourites among the 'Nine Dozen Heroes', of course, but who could fail to love Hu San-Niang? Even little girls who wanted to be ballerinas when they grew up enjoyed watching her kick seven bales of crap out of the bad guys.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

tumblr: Elyndaworld *** tumblr: Queen Lucy (new)
Page 21 of 21