Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old Yesterday at 6:12 AM
Default Every time I load a save, it crashes the game.
I downloaded custom contents such as clothing, hair, and objects. The game somehow crashes and I have no idea why. The CCs seems to be fine for me.

Any help is appreciated

4aall
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old Yesterday at 8:18 AM
Does it crash if you load different households? Different neighborhoods? Does is crash as soon as you try to enter a household, or can you play some? Do the crashes have anything in common?

And of course: Does the game still crash if you take out the entire Download folder?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old Yesterday at 9:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ovenhole
Does it crash if you load different households? Different neighborhoods? Does is crash as soon as you try to enter a household, or can you play some? Do the crashes have anything in common?

And of course: Does the game still crash if you take out the entire Download folder?

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. It crash
4. CC
5. yes, it works perfectly.

4aall
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space, bark!
retired moderator
#4 Old Yesterday at 10:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 4aall
5. yes, it works perfectly.

That's your answer- either your game cannot cope with the amount of CC you have, or else you have some CC which is causing the game to crash.

Game Help:Finding Problem Custom Contentwiki

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH- -RADIO- -RADIO- -EON- -ARCHIVES-
Simpeople and Me Archive- 11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive- Adele Archive- Sims 1 Archive
Please send me a message if you would like a SimsFileShare account, I can send you an invite!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old Yesterday at 10:13 PM
You have a piece of bad CC. If the crashing only just started and you know what you recently downloaded try pulling it.
If you have no idea what it could be you will need to do a 50/50 hunt.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#7 Old Yesterday at 10:45 PM Last edited by simmer22 : Yesterday at 11:02 PM.
Adding CC --> crashing = item the game disagrees with.
I've had both furniture and clothes that crashed the game, so nothing is a 100% "safe" item.

Make sure to read about the items you download whenever there's info attached, make sure the items agree with your configuration of EPs/SPs (for instance, don't try using items for AL/M&G if you don't have those packs - especially lots and mods), make sure mods are compatible with your EPs and other mods you're using (don't add too many mods/hacks in one dump, or they're a nightmare to diagnose), and don't add large CC dumps in one go. Test with smaller amounts, and preferably check if all the items work/show up/don't create immediate issues before adding new items. Otherwise you'll be stuck doing 50/50 with a large amount of random items and no idea where to start.

---

Also (if you haven't tried it already) delete the cache files. They can mess around with CC, especially in the case of larger CC dumps, mods, etc., and can occasionally cause the game to either not start or to crash. Some people need to delete these files often.

"Accessory.cache" and "Groups.cache" for issues with TS2 or Bodyshop. "ContentRegistry" if you've used Bodyshop, and "Cigen.package" if you need to refresh Bodyshop thumbnails. They're all found where the saved game is (not install location), usually in the "...Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection" or "...Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2" folder, depending on game version.

There are a few other ways to handle some of the files (using an empty file, or startup alternatives like the RPC that auto-deletes them), but just deleting them is fine, too.