Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th May 2024 at 7:21 PM Last edited by HubbaHop : Today at 10:03 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims keep resetting. Error: Slot number out of range, failure stems from global
Sul Sul!

Edit: Because I can't find a solution elsewhere, I give this thread another try. Update in the comments.

I play the same uberood for years and encountered an error in several lots in the newest rotation, which I never saw before: Sims keep resetting. I suspected the lot where the error occured the first time, but it also happened on other lots. I checked the cc with the Resources Hack Conflict Detection Utility and What causes this with no result.

I removed all downloads and the error persists.

So I suspect that it isn't cc related (which would be my hope tbh, it would be an easy fix). It seems to be lot-related, because as soon as I move the sims from the lots away, they can move fine without resetting. On some lots the error occured after playing half a sim day.

I play via CDs, all add-ons and stuff packs, fully patched. It seems odd that part of the "Slot number out of range" error stems from global (Tree: id 398 name 'CT - Route Failure Feedback' version 107 from global)

The logs are attached.
Attached files:
File Type: txt  ObjectError_N003_t282486.txt (185.4 KB, 10 downloads)
File Type: txt  ObjectError_N003_t282411.txt (175.7 KB, 7 downloads)
File Type: txt  ObjectError_N003_t642840.txt (83.9 KB, 7 downloads)
File Type: txt  ObjectError_N003_t642795.txt (83.9 KB, 6 downloads)

Sorry for my grammar errors - english is not my native language :)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 26th May 2024 at 7:39 PM
Add me to this list!!! I have custom content but it's all recolors..but what also is happening is a whole new weird thing. Stray pets have no front legs! And, the pets in the adoptable bin are not the same that show up when you start a new 'hood. You know the stock ones...Bonkers, the cat, for example. They are ones I have NEVER seen or heard of prior. I would've thought it to be a mod, but the only recent things I've downloaded are recolors. Is that strange?

Quote: Originally posted by HubbaHop
Sul Sul!

I play the same neighbourhood for years and encountered an error in several lots in the newest rotation, which I never saw before: Sims keep resetting. I suspected the lot where the error occured the first time, but it also happened on other lots. I checked the cc with the Resources Hack Conflict Detection Utility and What causes this with no result.

I removed all downloads and the error persists. So I suspect that it isn't cc related (which would be my hope tbh, it would be an easy fix). It seems to be lot-related, because as soon as I move the sims from the lots away, they can move fine without resetting. On some lots the error occured after playing half a sim day.

I play via CDs, all add-ons and stuff packs, fully patched. It seems odd that part of the "Slot number out of range" error stems from global (Tree: id 398 name 'CT - Route Failure Feedback' version 107 from global)

The logs are attached.

--Carrie
Sims 2 Mac Super Collection
Sims 3/WA/HELS/Ambitions/LN/Gen/Pets and doing it ALL on a MacBook Pro now..Hmmm...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old Today at 10:19 AM
Default Update: Error: Slot number out of range.
I removed all user files and the game runs smoothly. The only user data related folder that shows this issue is my beloved uberhood.

So, sure I could play with an old backup that doesn't seem to have this bugs in it, but I'm really desperate for a solution. I want to avoid this bug in the future.

Is it possible that sometimes it just saves wrongly and leaves wonky save files? See one of the newest logs attached.
Attached files:
File Type: txt  ObjectError_N003_t630271.txt (115.2 KB, 0 downloads)