Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Aug 2024 at 12:46 AM
Default Sims 2 and Corner-Only Wall Coverings
Hello,

I am curious about something. Does anyone here know if it is possible to have corner-only wall coverings? With corner-only, I mean that when the specific wall covering reaches a corner wall, the wall covering temporarily changes to accommodate said corner, like shown here in The Sims 4 (see image below).

Is this kind of thing possible for wall coverings in The Sims 2? If so, can anyone here tell me how to do so?

Thanks in advance!
CT04.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 16th Aug 2024 at 4:44 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 17th Aug 2024 at 3:20 AM.
I'd think TS4 is set up quite different from TS2, since it recognizes rooms as entities of sorts (rooms can be moved around along with the furniture in them, and you can place whole rooms). I'm guessing that's how it knows when it reaches a corner (although having tried to build a few houses in TS4, the system isn't perfect...). Walls likely also can have multiple textures included for this purpose.

It's possible to have corner walls in TS2, but they're just going to be regular walls and you have to place them manually (often a left and right version). There are already some ingame, I think in the brick (or masonry?) and siding categories, matching up with similar walls.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Aug 2024 at 11:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
I'd think TS4 is set up quite different from TS2, since it recognizes rooms as entities of sorts. I'm guessing that's how it knows when it reaches a corner (although having tried to build a few houses in TS4, the system isn't perfect...). Walls likely also can have multiple textures included for this purpose.

It's possible to have corner walls in TS2, but they're just going to be regular walls and you have to place them manually (often a left and right version). There are already some ingame, I think in the brick (or masonry?) and siding categories, matching up with similar walls.

Interesting! I did not realise The Sims 4 recognised rooms and thus walls completely differently (although it does make sense), considering The Sims 2 also knows whenever a room is created.

I have found the type of walls you are referring to. Seeing as I don't build that often, I did not realise The Sims 2 does have special corner walls. Good to know!

Thank you for your informative answer!