0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Sep 2024 at 6:54 PM
build my own cc? i need some help
so i have built my own item but i will not show up in game can anyone help me please, i have know idea what im doing wrong and i have tried several different time and i keep failing. please i need some help! thank you so Much
I have add the file if anyone can take a look and help me figure out what i did wrong, thank you so much in advance!
Attached files:
File Type: zip  frame trying to make.zip (155.5 KB, 0 downloads)
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 13th Sep 2024 at 4:28 AM
Hi! I tested your file and it shows up in my game in buy catalogue but it doesn't show up when I try to place it on a wall. The problem is that your diffuse texture size is incorrect. You've got 238x250px while the dimentions of your texture need to be a power of 2 (e.g. 256x256px, 1024x2048px etc.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Sep 2024 at 6:14 PM
ooooh okay thank thank you much!!! you're the best!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Sep 2024 at 7:40 PM
omg it worked thank you soooo much!!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Sep 2024 at 11:06 PM
I'm having an issue where my texture is just black. I've tried every baked item, and it's still staying black in The Sims 4 Studio. Any idea of what I'm doing wrong?
Test Subject
#6 Old 15th Sep 2024 at 2:17 AM
Can you share an updated file?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Sep 2024 at 9:02 PM
its a different frame but the fifth one is the backed frame and its black, i backed as combined everything
Attached files:
File Type: zip  FRAME 1.zip (166.6 KB, 0 downloads)
Test Subject
#8 Old 16th Sep 2024 at 2:26 AM
I opened the mesh in blender and the uv is not unwrapped. Could you have imported the wrong mesh in s4s?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 16th Sep 2024 at 2:32 AM
no i have the mesh in folders, when do you unwrapp ? when you make the object in blender or when you are joining the object together?
Test Subject
#10 Old 16th Sep 2024 at 6:26 AM
Your mesh must be completely done, then you unwrap it
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 19th Sep 2024 at 1:51 AM
when I import the texture now it disappears in the sims 4 studio what am i doing wrong? i figured out to remove the metalic because it was making my texture to dark but not its making it disappear please help!?? thank you!
Attached files:
File Type: zip  FRAME 1 (2).zip (174.7 KB, 0 downloads)
Test Subject
#12 Old 19th Sep 2024 at 8:04 AM
Did you bake new textures to fit the new uv map?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 19th Sep 2024 at 4:51 PM
yes i combined one in blender
Test Subject
#14 Old 20th Sep 2024 at 12:56 PM
For some reason the mesh still appears not unwraped in blender. And you need to have only one uv map for build/buy objects
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 20th Sep 2024 at 1:47 PM
hhm that weird because i did unwrap it and more then on uv map it on there how is that possible? ill try and remember to delete the other uv maps thank you so much for your help ill go and fix it and see if it helps!
Forum Resident
#16 Old 21st Sep 2024 at 1:44 AM
Is it possible you're combining meshes that were different formats? (ie. an .obj, something new made in Blender, etc being combined with a TS4 mesh)
Blender will only combine UVs that have the same name, but different formats will often use different names- meaning they wont be combined and one will be lost.
Make sure to check in Object Data before joining any meshes with existing UV that they're all called uv_0 when working with TS4 objects- or unwrap everything last, when all joins are done.

Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 21st Sep 2024 at 5:25 PM
OMG THAT WORKED THA NK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!! i just had to change the names omg yessss !!!!!!!!