Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jul 2024 at 3:32 AM Last edited by ghostified-fox : 3rd Jul 2024 at 4:20 PM.
Default s4pe - could not find a resource handler error (UNZIPPED WITH 7zip!!!)
Hi ^^'

I get honestly frustrated here tbh. :/
I downloaded s4pe (version 0.6.0) and unzipped it with 7zip and all but still get the said error...
I even tried multiple, older versions but still get the same error...

Hope you can help me out here. ^^'

(Edit: I also have .NET 4 installed, checked that too!)
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 1st Sep 2024 at 7:32 PM
I have the exact same problem! I've tried every possible thing but nothing seems work unfortunately, it's so frustrating when I could REALLY use the program right now :// Maybe it's in need of a update or something, idk
Forum Resident
#3 Old 2nd Sep 2024 at 8:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by EmpyreanSims
I have the exact same problem! I've tried every possible thing but nothing seems work unfortunately, it's so frustrating when I could REALLY use the program right now :// Maybe it's in need of a update or something, idk

Do you need it for something that can't be done with Sims4Studio?
It does work on my system, but S4PE hasn't been updated in three years and likely will not see another update unless a new developer picks it up where Cmar left off. I believe for most intents and purposes it is deprecated.
Test Subject
#4 Old 4th Sep 2024 at 1:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CardinalSims
Do you need it for something that can't be done with Sims4Studio?
It does work on my system, but S4PE hasn't been updated in three years and likely will not see another update unless a new developer picks it up where Cmar left off. I believe for most intents and purposes it is deprecated.

Yes, i need it to remove the PackID's on some overrides, was planning on sorting all EA hairs, but all the pack-items stays on top regardless of Display Index, only the BG-items and CC can be sorted. And as far as I know changing those ID's can only be done with this program. S4S doesn't have that ability unfortunately, the ID-tag is locked :/

EDIT: I just realized that giving pack-items a BG-ID would make it available for everyone regardless of which packs they own, which I guess count as piracy??? lmao i'm so stupid, didn't think of that until now
I guess my best hope is if EA ever decides to make the pack-items adhere to their Display Index!! (wouldn't hold my breath tbh)