Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jun 2024 at 11:19 PM
Default Convertion TS4 to ST3 - Pattern/Texture Problem
Hi dear Creators and Creator Helpers,

I'm building a cemetery lot these days and in Sims 3 there are not really much realistic thumbstones. But I found TS4 Thumbstones from JenniSims:
https://jennisimsunanuevaexperienci...aveyard-23.html

I tried to convert them to TS3 with Sims 4 Studio, Blender and TSRW, but with these objects the pattern/texture is totally messed up in game.

With this Angel statue it was working fine:
https://modthesims.info/d/656851/angel-statue.html

Don't worry, I do this just for me, so there is no problem with copyright.

What I did:
- I extracted the High-Mesh and the first Texture from the object with Sims 4 Studio.
- I loaded the Mesh (blend-File) with Blender and exported it as wso-File.
- I startet new object with TSRW and selected a plant from the list.
- I imported of the mesh in High and in Middle and Update the Shadow High and Middle.
- I imported the Texture as Overlay and deleted all the other textures.
- (Where do I get Multipier or Specular from? Are they needed? Do I have to empty them?)

In TSRW everything looks fine.

But in Game it doesn't.

Is there any easy (!) solution for that?

If you need the files to analyse, I can send them to you, of course.

Thanks in advance,
TobyS28

Angel in TSRW

Angel in Game

Also other objects have the same problem in Game.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 30th Jun 2024 at 4:00 AM
The images don't seem to have attached to your post, so I'm making a guess a little blindly- but it sounds like it's likely related to removing the other textures. There are a few other conversion specific things it could be, like texture/UV size or just needing to update the presets for a non-CASTable item, that are harder to know without seeing the package.

Attaching a screenshot and the .wrk (or .package) to your reply would be helpful to see what is going on for sure
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Jun 2024 at 11:33 AM
Sorry, I accidentally deleted the pictures from my server yesterday.

Here is the package file after the conversion

https://img.mappeze.de/img/Jennisim...sengel1.package

and a Archive with the exported files I used.

https://img.mappeze.de/img/Jennisim...ngel1_Files.zip

Thanks for looking at it!
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 30th Jun 2024 at 2:09 PM
I recommend using MIlkShape as additional tool for exporting the mesh, if you wouldn't mind. Open the .blend file in Blender, export it to .obj format, then import it in MIlkShape, rename the groups (Group 0 for the dropshadow and Group 1 for the main mesh) export it in .wso format then import in TSRW. Texture wise, there's nothing to change, just import the TS4 texture as your overlay. As you can see the object showed up fine with the above method used.
Screenshots

Looking for something converted to TS3? Visit Xto3 Conversions Finds for all your xto3 needs.
Main simblr: aisquaredchoco ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
My downloaded cc: ts3ccreblogsbyaisquared
Buy-build defaults database
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Jun 2024 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aisquared
import it in MilkShape, rename the groups (Group 0 for the dropshadow and Group 1 for the main mesh)

Thanks for the suggestion and testing, sounds really simple, but I don't know how to rename the group(s) to MilkShape.

If I export it from Milkshape without that renaming, there is an error in TSRW. Just click Yes?

In Blender I deleted the "rig" and the "mesh_0", because I found this in another tutorial, and the mesh doesn't work as "medium level" in TSRW without deleting them. May be this is relevant?

Instructor
#6 Old 1st Jul 2024 at 8:13 AM
Mesh_0 is probably the shadow, you'll need both if you're importing into an object that also has two groups. The rig is not needed.
When you export the groups from Blender, you'll want to select both meshes and make sure the export options are set like this:

It may look slightly different in that older Blender version but it should still be in the options somewhere. This will make sure the groups are retained in Milkshape.

Then to rename in MS, select the group, type a new name into the text box (.wso may not need the underscore in the name) and click 'Rename':

As an aside, Blender is perfectly capable of renaming objects- it just needs to be set to the same name in both Object Properties (orange box icon) and Object Data (green triangle icon). I'd assume the only real reason Milkshape is needed here is because the object plugin for Blender is quite outdated?
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Jul 2024 at 2:14 PM

Renaming the mesh to "Group_1" didn't help. ("Group_0" is the shadow.)

What exactly do I do wrong? Any other idea?

Or maybe one of your pros can help me by converting those objects for me, please?
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 4th Jul 2024 at 7:46 PM
Looks like the Blender exported meshes don't really work out, sad to say. Got them exported through MilkShape, here you go:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/vh1l...meshes.rar/file

hLOD goes to the high level of detail and mLOD goes to the medium. I hope this helps.

Looking for something converted to TS3? Visit Xto3 Conversions Finds for all your xto3 needs.
Main simblr: aisquaredchoco ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
My downloaded cc: ts3ccreblogsbyaisquared
Buy-build defaults database