Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 8:04 AM
Default foreign visitors don't arrive in my home lot!
i have had this problem for a while now, i tried searching but i can't find something similar so i decided to start a thread about it, -hope im not violating any rules- anyway here goes.

when i try to invite a foreign visitor they don't arrive in my house. i know that the invited sim is in town cause his face in relationships panel isn't darkened and i can chat with him via cellphone normally, not the long distance one. but when i try to invite him over, right after i greet them all the other interactions are greyed out, and says that the sim is going home. and then they go back to their home neighborhoods, so all that effort to invite him is wasted. and what's worse is, the sim that did the "invite foreign visitors" interaction has that interaction greyed out, saying that she needs to wait until her current guests leave before she could invite foreign visitors again. which is not gonna happen since that visitor has left already, so im stuck,

hope someone posts a solution, thanks.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 12:55 PM
With awesomemod, ctrl click the visitors head. Select sim.

Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Test Subject
#3 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 3:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
With awesomemod, ctrl click the visitors head. Select sim.

Thanks for giving unrelated completely useless advice. Your suggestion does NOTHING to fix FOREIGN visitors from NOT showing up. Your suggestion ONLY works with NPCs currently in the town.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 4:12 PM
Hey thanks for bumping a four year old thread simply because you wanted to bitch about someone else's suggestion!
Alchemist
#5 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 4:59 PM
Test Subject
#6 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 7:24 PM
Maybe someone with relevant information can actually find it. Since the issue has yet to be solved.
Scholar
#7 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 7:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by creepy_jesus
Maybe someone with relevant information can actually find it. Since the issue has yet to be solved.
You don't know that. Since the OP hasn't posted here stating otherwise, we can only assume that they found an answer.
Test Subject
#8 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 7:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IrishA03
You don't know that. Since the OP hasn't posted here stating otherwise, we can only assume that they found an answer.

I've just spent the last 7 hours scouring for scraps of info related to the issue hoping to find even an obscure reference to a fix. So, begging your pardon. Yes I do know that.
Scholar
#9 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 7:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by creepy_jesus
I've just spent the last 7 hours scouring for scraps of info related to the issue hoping to find even an obscure reference to a fix. So, begging your pardon. Yes I do know that.

You should go out and get some froyo. Just sayin'.
Test Subject
#10 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 9:02 PM
Managed to find somewhat of a work around. Moving the active household out and in of the home seems to atleast fix the foreign visitor being able to even arrive in the world. Still won't come to your front door, but if you have the spellbook you can learn the summon acquaintance spell and summon them without having to do too much cheating or having much natural gameplay ruined
Test Subject
#11 Old 20th Jul 2024 at 2:01 AM
I'm in a similar boat, I invite the NPC but they are still greyed out and just never arrive. Most of the time I don't even get a notification (and I can't invite anyone else as it tells me there's a visit in progress), but last night I at least got the notification along the lines of "something came up and they couldn't make it, try again."

So what do I do when NPCs do NOT appear in town?
Mad Poster
#12 Old 20th Jul 2024 at 5:16 AM
Users of NRaas mods are hopefully using MasterController's Invite Over command rather than the phone to get out of town guests to visit. Note that the guests will arrive in the world almost immediately and begin making their way over to wherever the sim who invited them happens to be, so one would want to clean the house, cook, and make the beds first (or throw trash around, eat all the food, and make the beds messy if that's the kind of host you prefer to be) as there won't be any time in between to prep and wonder if anyone will actually show up like the EA way.

NRaas > MC > (Sim) > Basic > Invite Over > Homeworld > (filter to the visitor's current homeworld)
Test Subject
#13 Old 24th Aug 2024 at 6:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Users of NRaas mods are hopefully using MasterController's Invite Over command rather than the phone to get out of town guests to visit. Note that the guests will arrive in the world almost immediately and begin making their way over to wherever the sim who invited them happens to be, so one would want to clean the house, cook, and make the beds first (or throw trash around, eat all the food, and make the beds messy if that's the kind of host you prefer to be) as there won't be any time in between to prep and wonder if anyone will actually show up like the EA way.

NRaas > MC > (Sim) > Basic > Invite Over > Homeworld > (filter to the visitor's current homeworld)

How would I do this for a foreign visitor?
Mad Poster
#14 Old 25th Aug 2024 at 3:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ashyarmyguy
How would I do this for a foreign visitor?

By clicking on the ground of the place you wish the foreign sim to visit, or on your active sim who is meant to be the host, and using the command path provided. It's not necessary to click on the intended visitor until they show up in a filtered list for the foreign homeworld to select from.