Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old Today at 9:17 AM
Default Randomized Clothing on Load-In (To Lot)
Hello,

After a while of learning about modding and custom content, I've decided to actually play the game for once. However, when I load into a lot for the first time, the Sims' clothing (clothing only, not the hair) randomizes. I have not gotten any clothing default replacements installed and the clothing the Sim randomizes into is also always a maxis one (even though their intended/supposed outfit is also a maxis one). If I save the game and then exit the lot and load in again, the outfit stays the same, as it should.

Removing my mods also did not help...

Why not manually edit my Sims' outfits and then save? Well, I am trying to play a custom neighbourhood and I'd like to see the intended clothing on the Sims. I first thought this custom 'hood might've been the issue, but this problem also occurs in another one of my hoods; a custom one of my own (created with "Create New Neighbourhood" button), which I haven't played in ages, but apparently has the same problem now (which it definitely didn't have when I first created it)...

Also, from a technical standpoint, I'd really like to know why this is occurring.

Has anyone here got any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help! :D
CT04.
Advertisement
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space, bark!
retired moderator
#2 Old Today at 10:05 AM
Do you have One Drive synchronising your Documents folder to the cloud as you play, or is your antivirus set to scan your Documents folder on-access? If so, exclude your Sims 2 files in case your game is being prevented from writing to the neighbourhood files correctly.

Next test would be to backup your game, and test the neighbourhood with a clean set of userdata (drag your Documents/ EA Games folder to the desktop, run the game to create a new one and then copy your neighbourhood into there to test). Do outfits save correctly then?

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH- -RADIO- -RADIO- -EON- -ARCHIVES-
Simpeople and Me Archive- 11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive- Adele Archive- Sims 1 Archive
Please send me a message if you would like a SimsFileShare account, I can send you an invite!
Mad Poster
#3 Old Today at 1:42 PM
Did the sims use any CC clothes on the sims the first time around? If so, have you at some point removed the CC, or your downloads folder, or turned CC off - and then run the game? If you have, the game doesn't save the clothing references properly, and will "default" to putting sims into random maxis clothing and hair (at least for saved sims/visited lots). Even if you put the CC clothes and hair back into your downloads folder again, they won't return on the sims.

For a custom hood, it's possible the creator used default replacement clothes in the previews, so what you're seeing is probably the regular default clothes from your game, or the game can't find the references for the default replacements and randomizes the outfits (the new outfits stay when saved). I'd think this is likely normal behavior.

If you make sims in CAS, do they keep their clothes (as they should) when you put them on a lot? If they do, any of the above is most likely, especially when using custom hoods or if you've moved CC around.