Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Sep 2024 at 10:57 PM
Default Custom skins commission--is it possible?? for Sims 2 on Mac?
I started playing the Sims 2 on my Mac about a year ago, and I love CC. Don't judge me, but I don't have the skills or knowledge on how to create a skin/customize meshes etc. I REALLY want to commission a sims 2 Mac compatible skin/face that resembles myself (don't judge me, I know it sounds weird). I don't know where to start. A) Is this possible?? if so, where should I look or find the right person for the job? B) If not, what tips or platforms should I use to take a stab at it, or overlay a picture/make it into a skin?
I have the sims super collection, but do not have Apartment Life or Free Time.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 17th Sep 2024 at 3:29 AM
You really just need Bodyshop and an image editing program to make CAS-related items. Skins generally don't require EPs, so having just the SC shoudn't be a problem as long as you've got Bodyshop. Not sure if SC comes with bodyshop, or if you'd have to download it separately, but it should be available.

How photo-realistiic you want it would depend. Would perhaps start with a skin that isn't too far from what you have in color/skin type, and use good quality pictures.

"Photoskinned" (aka using photos directly) items have a tendency to not look particularly good, depending on skill with the image editing program + photo bases, just so you're warned. The more shadows/highlights on the pictures, the worse it's going to look - you'll want to aim for "flat" pictures, so the game can handle lighting.