Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#101 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 7:31 AM
Hello Everyone!

I thought I'd put in my two cents worth here. Originally I wasn't going to buy the Sims 3 as I was happy with my Sims 2, but after spending some time on EA's site, I was convinced I couldn't live without it. I even reserved a copy to make sure I got one on the day it came out!

I got it that day, and after installing it and reading through the info, I began playing. It's been 2 weeks today, and here are my thoughts on the game.

What I like are the fast loading and the fact that there isn't a long load time to do anything such as visit a lot, or go into create a sim. I love the wall tool to make expanding a room so easy. The scenery is amazing and I like the idea that when one of my sims was pregnant, she went to the hospital to have her baby. I love the idea that I can customize so many things. There were many times when I liked something and thought "if only I had that in this color or style", well, now I do.

What I'm not too keen on are in create a sim, with all the customization options, I can't make sims the way I want to. I wondered if it was me, so I looked for premade sims here and in the EA exchange, but to me they all look very much the same. I miss the way my sims came out before, and many of the sims I downloaded from so many of you talented artists were truly amazing! When I make a thin sim, she is flat chested, and the only way to make her have some breasts is to make her fatter. The clothing selection is just plain ugly, as is the hair and shoes too. I'm happy to have some custom patterns which help, but am just not happy with the clothing choices. I know that will probably improve in expansion packs, and when the modding community can create new meshes I know there will be some amazing things to see because there is an astounding amount of talent out there. One of my pet peeves is the carpet selections as they don't look like carpet. I'm keeping a look out for a new carpet pattern to and hoping one of you talented artists will create one soon

I'll keep playing and waiting to see what the modding community comes up with over the next couple of months (Hair, clothes, shoes, accessories, furniture, paintings, and patterns).

I had planned on uninstalling my sims 2 when I got sims 3, but am going to keep it and just cut down on my CC file to improve load time so I can still play.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#102 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 9:08 AM
originially i wasnt going to get it, but after watching half a dozen videos on youtube i decided i simply could not live with out it...

I like CAS, although i got so caught up in making the perfect sim i spent nearly two hours just creating one sim...
the seamless neighbourhood is good, and i love being able to see my sims go to work, and decide how hard they work, etc
moodlets are good (only if the moodlet is a good one) but they really suck if they're bad and they last for hours...

The graphics are good in some ways, but i think the sims look very much like they did in sims 1...the guys have rectangular blocks for bodies and their faces are all very similar...

i still think sims 2 is better, but i'd probably give it 8/10
Inventor
#103 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 9:33 AM
I played now for about two weeks and I don't think there has changed that much. I like the open neighborhood and that the people grow older while I am playing one household. The quests are interesting too and the traits also - that's for sure. But now after two weeks I get bored, because it's the same old thing. Make friends, learn skills, get married, get promoted, and so on. There is pretty much of the EP Sims 2 Freetime in it and therefore this has already been implemented in Sims 2 - so nothing new here. Yeah you can go and buy sheets for the guitar and other stuff, but once you do this a few times it gets boring too.

The sims look cartoonish, but with HystericalParoxysm great replacement skins it's better, though they just look different (a way better) in CAS. The hair collection in CAS is terrible - they all look odd and I liked the hair in Sims 2 much more.

The scenery is really great! I also like the premade houses - they are really much more better than the ones in sims 2. But - I think they look like in Sims 1 - or better: there hasn't been anything improved since the sims 2. They look quite good though, but I thought they will be more realistic and graphically better.

I won't play the sims 2 anymore, because it got boring - everything replays and there are no new things to discover. And for sims 3 I think I will be playing a few more weeks and than everything will be discovered too. The game is childish because of the cartoonish look and the ridiculous woohoo actions and so on. It just appeal to me not that much. But that's just me - maybe I am bored because of the same old interactions that look quite the same as in Sims 2. I think I am going to look for a complete different game - maybe my sims time is over.

You never know what’s comin’ for ya.
Scholar
#104 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 2:08 PM
Has anyone noticed - in the Sims 3 downloads on Mod the Sims (the really major Sims 3rd party site).

Lots of lots
Some textures.

Zero (repeat, zero) clothing!
A few pudgy faced sims, exactly two celebs, neither as good as the Sims 2 versions.

The clothing and furniture supplied in the game (and in the store) are garbage.

I haven't uninstalled Sims 3 yet, but I'm playing Sims 2.

I'll give Sims 3 a 4/10.

Imagine a world without hypothetical situations
Scholar
#105 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 4:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mac
Has anyone noticed - in the Sims 3 downloads on Mod the Sims (the really major Sims 3rd party site).

Lots of lots
Some textures.

Zero (repeat, zero) clothing!
A few pudgy faced sims, exactly two celebs, neither as good as the Sims 2 versions.

The clothing and furniture supplied in the game (and in the store) are garbage.

I haven't uninstalled Sims 3 yet, but I'm playing Sims 2.

I'll give Sims 3 a 4/10.

EA will be coming out with the tools for our MTS artists to create their amazing CC. Until then they are limited in what they can come out with (unless someone gets industrious and beats EA to it). That's fine with me because I need to get settled into how to play the game (it's a bit different than Sims 2 in play style) before I go CC shopping. I did find some nifty things in the store and exchange, but as of now, there isn't alot available (totally understandable since the game just came out). Give it time, in a few months there will be some awesome custom content!

Beware of Elves giving wedgies.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#106 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 5:06 PM
Locking, as we now have an official thread for this purpose, with a poll. Please post further opinions in the Official TS3 Opinions, Reviews, Likes and Dislikes Thread.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Locked thread | Locked by: HystericalParoxysm Reason: See stickied opinions thread.
Page 5 of 5