Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#26 Old 28th Sep 2024 at 7:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ed95
Fantastic!! I was gonna edit my other messagge, but it's better if I write a new one. Let me say, your biggest feat is undoubtedly the ambiance of the game!!! All the lots have a very distinctive visual personality, and they're beautifully planned and built!! I love you TS3-like way of interconnecting the lots, and the subdued colors that give the whole game a different flavour. I can see you and me have similar taste in downloads and music teehee

Thank you!

I really wanted Plot of Land to have its own unique feel and be in a way like its own little world when I originally started making it. I never really intended for people just put in their game and forget about it, but rather for them to appreciate all the effort I put into it and still am putting into it. I wanted, and still do want, to make something that people will want to play for months or years on end. Kind of like they do with the Maxis neighborhoods. And that's my philosophy about neighborhood making in general. 'Is this unique? Will I find myself wanting to continue playing it in 3 months' time?" These are things I personally ask myself often when making a neighborhood. That's why for Plot of Land there is so much CC used, and why I made custom theme songs, custom floors, a terrain paint, roads, recolors, and etc. etc.

Having spent numerous months making this neighborhood, it makes me really happy to know that I am doing great in achieving my goal of unique-ness!

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#27 Old Yesterday at 10:41 AM Last edited by HarVee : Today at 1:26 PM.
Wanted to share a roadmap of what I'm doing for the next major update - it'll be known as the 'Community' update. One thing I am noticing as I play is that Plot of Land's community life seems a bit dead. There aren't enough townies to fill out all the roles and with the current build you tend to see the same few over and over. Also, there is a lack of things to do in the community, not many community lots as currently in 2.1 the options are a graveyard/church, a plaza, a thrift shop, a tavern, and an unspecific business for OFB. This is simply not enough IMO. So, by introducing several new townies and by creating 8 new community lots the town will be more fleshed out and interesting. The lot types will be as follows:

A public pool (Done!)
A restaurant (Done!)
A community garden (Done!)
An electronics store (place to buy the cell phone, mp3 player, video games, and electronic objects - ideal for OFB)
A grocery store (Done!)
A hair salon/beauty parlor
An arcade or a gym (I'm unsure which yet)
A bowling alley

Don't expect any more hotfixes or anything until I get this all done and ready for release. But I would like to emphasize that reporting bugs and whatnot are still important for me, so report them if you find them!

Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space, bark!
retired moderator
#28 Old Today at 3:08 PM
Hey @HarVee I've managed to test the Beta 2 hot fix version a bit over the last few days. Overall, I really love it and appreciate the detail, creativity and imagination used. Aesthetically it's a really beautiful town, I would play this for a long time I can tell! I like that you cut down on the CC load a bit, I can now play it with full neighbourhood view without having pink soup, so I can see the lovely scenery from inside the lots.

I'll put my comments behind a spoiler below, apologies if it's stuff you already fixed. A lot of the comments are suggestions for changes but, of course, some of these may have been intentional design choices on your part, so just ignore those comments if so! I am pointing out everything that occured to me as I was playing.

I tested using the Beta 2.1 hotfix version, using the CC you uploaded plus the essentials you mention. I added nothing else, but the install I used does have a vesion of Gunmod's lighting in it hence the colours may look slightly different on the fotpaths and roads.

I hope these help!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#29 Old Today at 8:26 PM
I admit, some of those are actually funny (like the weather inside the house) But I will fix it though!

BO No Sim Loaded is an accidental included thing that I use simply for testing purposes, I'll be updating the CC collection to remove it definitely since it's not really intended for normal gameplay!

For napping I did include "Numenor_Sleep-on-comm-lot_AllGames.package" which is a mod that lets Sims sleep on community lots. As far as I can tell that's the only one that effects sleeping directly. Maybe try removing that from the zzHACKS folder and see if that will help? If it does help, then I'll remove it from the collection.

The 'blank' thumbnail memories are something I was actually aware of, but haven't got around to fixing quite yet, they'll definitely be fixed by the time BETA 3 drops. They are due to not having a proper subject sim selected, In my rush to get the memories done I did overlook things sadly. For service sim on Francine Boulder though, I'm not sure what that's about, unless somehow, I chose the wrong version of that memory. I will look into it. For the Keith Hendrickson memory I intended to remove those memories from the entire family, guess I must have missed that particular memory. Keith Hendrickson is the local deliveryman, iirc.

Streetlights - I changed this already.

Wandering into the street, well, this is an odd behavior, but I oddly like it! Makes the neighborhood feel more rural. The discrete concrete is actually the original Maxis flooring, it's one the few I didn't hide with the Wall and Floor hider extra. Custom road tiles, yes though, and I explained why I did that earlier in the thread.

Doors getting stuck - I noticed this several times, but I'm unsure how to fix it. Deleting the door and replacing it only fixes it for a short time.

Neighborhood dirt road deco - This might sound odd, given the amount of detail I put into it, but I never use the neighborhood deco view from lot feature. I always leave it disabled because of Pink Soup. But it's nice to have this brought to my attention for those that do play with it on. I'll look into fixing it but can make no guarantees.

Prickly cactus dead on Cowl lot - intentional.

No changing table or potty chair on boulder lot - also intentional. Idea is to make them feel like a starter family.

Um, hmm, all else that I didn't specifically mention (as not to make this post too long) are things I will look into changing/fixing.

Thanks for you feedback @simsample this means a lot to me!

Page 2 of 2