Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Aug 2024 at 12:07 AM
Default Will sharing a save file bork it?
Hello! So, a friend of mine has been having an issue with his game freezing, including to the point where he cannot even bring up his task manager to kill the exe.
He isn't very technologially savvy so i offered to take a look at his save file to see if i can find out whats wrong. The only concern i have is that i have several more packs installed than he does. Will running the save with more packs/content cause it to stop working when he brings it back to his game?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 11th Aug 2024 at 3:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by darkstar0196
Hello! So, a friend of mine has been having an issue with his game freezing, including to the point where he cannot even bring up his task manager to kill the exe.
He isn't very technologially savvy so i offered to take a look at his save file to see if i can find out whats wrong. The only concern i have is that i have several more packs installed than he does. Will running the save with more packs/content cause it to stop working when he brings it back to his game?

No, you can still run saves after content is removed. Anything that was added from the extra content will be safely removed when he loads the save. Saves MAY fail to load if certain mods are removed though, so be sure to move your mods folder somewhere else before testing his save if you have any in there.