Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jul 2024 at 2:28 AM
Roaring Heights TS3
Some pics from my Roaring Heights recreation from TS3. Strongly considering uploading and letting others enjoy but never done it before...not even sure where to begin. Im recreating all pre-made sims, community lots....townies....everything. Its been super fun. There would be a lot of cc youd need to download is the thing, a lot of roaring heights conversions.

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Screenshots
Attached Images

Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 18th Jul 2024 at 11:46 AM Last edited by ed95 : 18th Jul 2024 at 12:12 PM.
Wow!!! Roaring Heights is one of my favourite Sims 3 worlds, and I think is one that could really benefit from a TS2 adaptation, given the sims EA made are... prettyy bland!!! But the art style of the city goes very well with TS2!!! I would say don't worry about CC, just give a list and publish the nhood if you want it!!

You may want to use the Pick N' Mix fantastic rollercoaster if you want to recreate the carnival lot from the Golden Version:

http://www.picknmixmods.com/Sims2/D...lerCoaster.html
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Jul 2024 at 3:06 PM
Already working on the Boardwalk!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Jul 2024 at 11:57 PM
Well the rollercoaster was a PAIN but Im pretty happy!
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Jul 2024 at 12:03 AM
Has bumper cars, merry go round, and arcade. Trying to get as accurate as possible. Probably will only do the one coaster it was soooo painstaking! But leave room for building
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Jul 2024 at 7:32 PM
Question: is there a way to make multiple “versions” of the same save? Like if I want to make a version of this with no boardwalk for people who dont want to fool with the roller coaster?
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 20th Jul 2024 at 9:59 PM Last edited by ed95 : 22nd Jul 2024 at 11:25 AM.
Hi! First of all, congrats on your rollercoaster!! That looks like a pretty complicated mod to play with, and EA's design is also very intrincate. I find it amazing you could replicate something at all!

In answer to your question, you can make several versions of your nhood. Just "clean" the Boardwalk lot and put it in the lots and houses bin, and copy both a version of the folder with and without the lot. Or offer the lot on download, as I plan to make with a couple nhoods I have on my mind.

Here you have a good guide for cleaning lots:

https://ilovethesims2cc.tumblr.com/...r-lots-from-bad
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 8th Sep 2024 at 8:04 AM
It’s been so fun playing it yall! More exciting than when I played Sims 3 version of Roaring Heights. (I made a backup so I still may upload the unplayed version)

Donia Spinelli became a witch.
Donna Morgan broke up with David after seeing him kiss Samantha Cassat (pregnant with David’s child) in their own home with ACR. The Morgan family photo is in one of the pics of the families I sent.

Havent played anyone else yet. I really want to do other Sims 3 worlds. And I do want to upload this one: only thing is, it crashes my game more than my other hoods.

Not sure why. Possibly due to my extensive mods but HCDU always says I’m clear. Does this game tend to just crash even tho there’s nothing wrong?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 8th Sep 2024 at 8:11 AM
Also, would love for anyone to volunteer to test it
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 10th Sep 2024 at 9:56 AM
Hi again!!!

I would gladly volunteer to test your Roaring Heights!!!

On my experience, TS2 is not an specially unstable game unless you make your computer sweat (using too much memory), or you make the game sweat (making it load nhoods with too much detail). But at the same time, it can crash for a myriad reasons too.

If your nhood is ready to test, just drop it here and testers will come, me included!!