Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#14951 Old 6th Sep 2024 at 1:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
https://modthesims.info/d/606587/cl...tic-social.html

:D

This one is good mod, I just wish that something similar exist for friends, job collegues and Music&Dance hobby enthusiasts.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#14952 Old 10th Sep 2024 at 11:59 PM
I would love to see varied "Pay For Bill" options at restaurants: you can either split the bill 50/50 and pay for your own meals, offer to pay your dates meal for a positive relationship boost (or negative, depending on their personality, maybe if they're serious they'd be offended), or convince your date to pay for your meal for a negative relationship score (or positive, if a sim is nice).

Another thing that would be fun would be a "Pass the Phone to..." interaction from sims who are at the same household, kind of like a threeway call but more traditional and realistic. Like, imagine if Dustin Broke could call "The Pleasant Family," and a random member would pick up the phone, and a little dialogue box along the lines of "Oh, Dustin, I didn't think you'd be calling, is there someone here you'd like to talk to?" and if you say yes, it'll bring up a sims panel of available members of the household, so if Angela, for instance, is at school, she wouldn't be available. If you say no, you'll keep talking with that member of the household. If no one else is available or it's a single sim you're just prompted with a dialogue that says "How nice to finally have someone to talk to!" or something along those lines. Yes, it's more tedious and pointless, but it would be funny having to experience that second-hand embarrassment as an option. Maybe if a sim who doesn't like the caller answers they just reject them outright and hang up.
Test Subject
#14953 Old Yesterday at 7:04 PM
I'd love to see a mod that lets you 😈 😈 😈 steal 😈 😈 😈 objects, muahaha

I imagine it could go like this:
  • If a Sim has a certain 'thief trait' in its inventory, you can click on any* object and have a 'Steal' option;
    *[maybe a list of "un-stealable" objects could be excluded, such as the mailbox]
  • The Sim would sneak towards the object;
  • The Sim would play the existing evil animation that happens while stealing newspapers/gnome: suspiciously looking around and tapping fingertips against each other mischievously (I just learned it's called 'finger-tenting') 😈
  • Then, the proper stealing animation would play: either a generic 'grab', or the 'bag absorption' animation typical of burglars;
  • The stolen objects would go into the inventory;
  • If the thief is seen by someone, a reaction could ensue, such as a fight 🀺
  • If the fight is lost, the object goes to the winner's inventory.

What do you think? Is it a doable mod?
To a complete noob like me () it looks like all the ingredients are already there. But I'm no baker, I'm sure mixing them up can be complicated
Top Secret Researcher
#14954 Old Yesterday at 7:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pollino

I imagine it could go like this:
  • If a Sim has a certain 'thief trait' in its inventory, you can click on any* object and have a 'Steal' option;
    *[maybe a list of "un-stealable" objects could be excluded, such as the mailbox]
  • The Sim would sneak towards the object;
  • The Sim would play the existing evil animation that happens while stealing newspapers/gnome: suspiciously looking around and tapping fingertips against each other mischievously (I just learned it's called 'finger-tenting') 😈
  • Then, the proper stealing animation would play: either a generic 'grab', or the 'bag absorption' animation typical of burglars;
  • The stolen objects would go into the inventory;
  • If the thief is seen by someone, a reaction could ensue, such as a fight 🀺
  • If the fight is lost, the object goes to the winner's inventory.

What do you think? Is it a doable mod?
To a complete noob like me () it looks like all the ingredients are already there. But I'm no baker, I'm sure mixing them up can be complicated

Story progression has the option to visit other sims. I have not tested it, but maybe then the visitor can put things in their inventory. Also i think Monique made stealable items. It's a workaround with available mods, but worth a shot.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Follow me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Forum Resident
#14955 Old Today at 12:53 AM

The burglar already exists, so it's definitely possible. I'm pretty sure they can steal just about anything, though I've never seen one steal a mailbox or anything other, that's crucial to a safe simming environment. They don't steal your portals, after all! So it's all there. It sounds reasonable. The issues are, finding the coding and making it available to any/all sims; and then the fact that sims can't visit other sims' homes (without mods). But since such mods DO exist, it's possible to do that as well. Personally, i'm not a huge fan of 'traits,' but... eh, whatever.

The main question is, where do those resources lie, and have we found ways to alter them yet? So, on the bright side, is it possible? Yep. Is it likely? ...stranger things have happened! haha

-gE
>=)

Sims2 Shenanigans Workshop Discord! Learn to mod!!
Join our Discord and participate LIVE! Interact with instructors and creators!
Prior Workshop on Sept 7: How to Build a Pier!!
In this Workshop, learn to make piers on beach lots using Lot Adjuster!
Join Now, & Start Creating!
Scholar
#14956 Old Today at 1:57 AM
If walkbyes could steal my stuff, I would build a wall and learn ninja teleport to go over it. Maybe they could pick a lock, which would take some time and could fail.

If the current family wants to steal from other lots, they could have a controller delete stolen objects from the other lot, which cannot be saved when visiting. But that would be in conflict with the player as a god's plan to build beautiful, complete neighborhoods. You would also need police officers called when someone witnesses the theft. When you become most wanted, there can be 2 or 3 officers. You could shoplift from a business or a hotel. Big items should be harder to steal, take more time or outright impossible. I guess by tiles because the "weight" is not reliable. Normal objects type 4, a BCON table of categories excluding architectural and service objects (this is much smaller than many if statements), and another table with excluded guids, like I did with the cheat "place object into inventory".
Test Subject
#14957 Old Today at 3:14 AM
I know that visiting other residential lots is not possible (without mods), and thus we can't have a proper 'playable burglar' that acts like a normal burglar (with stressful music and emergency calls to the police).

But my idea was more about the possibility of 'unlocking' the stealing interaction, and even getting caught by passersby and beaten up! I would mostly use this on community lots, so that my criminal sim can finally steal those valuable paintings displayed at the Art Gallery

And maybe we could use it in residential homes as well: teleport the desired 'burglar', have them steal something, and then teleport them away

It'd be much more fun than just plopping things in the inventories while the game is paused. I want animations, interactions, and drama! :D
Mad Poster
#14958 Old Today at 5:41 AM
I know that visiting other residential lots is not possible (without mods), and thus we can't have a proper 'playable burglar' that acts like a normal burglar (with stressful music and emergency calls to the police).

But my idea was more about the possibility of 'unlocking' the stealing interaction, and even getting caught by passersby and beaten up! I would mostly use this on community lots, so that my criminal sim can finally steal those valuable paintings displayed at the Art Gallery

And maybe we could use it in residential homes as well: teleport the desired 'burglar', have them steal something, and then teleport them away

It'd be much more fun than just plopping things in the inventories while the game is paused. I want animations, interactions, and drama! :D

There's a playable cops mod that lets the cops that respond to a burglary be playable sims. Maybe the same can be done for burglars and whatever they steal ends up in their inventory the next time you play their lot. Or they end up with a fine if the cops caught them.
Top Secret Researcher
#14959 Old Today at 2:58 PM
I wish there could be some sort of Stock Certifcates system like their is the certificate that a sim owns a lot.
Then a business can be owned by several people and not just one person who is the boss.
It would really enhance my gameplay.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Follow me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Lab Assistant
#14960 Old Today at 6:00 PM
Thanks mostly to Midge's supernatural transformer and the 3to2 traits mods, we've seen quite a few life states from 3 be modded into 2, and even some other neat stuff like having playable ghosts and aliens being made into a separate life state in their own right.

What surprises me is that we have yet to see anyoneβ€”to my knowledge, at leastβ€”try to incorporate mummies into TS2. I feel like that should be relatively easy? Like treating it as an alternate skin of sorts for zombies the way Midge's werecats are just an alternate skin for werewolves.

What DOESN'T surprise me is that no one has managed to incorporate imaginary friends into TS2, as I imagine that would be incredibly difficult, but I'd love to see it. They're such freaks, I need them in my game.
Mad Poster
#14961 Old Today at 6:06 PM Last edited by simmer22 : Today at 6:22 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Kat Attack
What DOESN'T surprise me is that no one has managed to incorporate imaginary friends into TS2, as I imagine that would be incredibly difficult, but I'd love to see it. They're such freaks, I need them in my game.

Maybe not quite, but Midge did a version based on the social bunny, here: https://midgethetree.tumblr.com/pos...of-javieras-3t2 (one with the imaginary friend + doll from TS3, and one with the toy bunny + social bunny). Complete with link to DR bunny costume by Rented-Space (custom versions here in case you want child customes too: https://rented-space.tumblr.com/pos...eres-the-sims-3 ).

I have a feeling I've seen one or two other (related?) mods, possibly my Midge, but I'm not sure. Midge has a lot of supernatural mods, so it's possible some have interactions for the imaginary friend, too.

Here's the link for the custom dolls/recolors (seems to be broken after GoS' recent issues) - https://gardenofshadows.org.uk/gard...p?topic=26994.0
Page 599 of 599