Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Aug 2024 at 9:56 PM
Default Increase the attract of an Object.
I was wondering if there was a way to increase the attraction of an object.
There are objects on a lot that are rarely used.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 27th Aug 2024 at 11:09 PM
This can be done in the TTAB resource of the object by increasing the motive values in the min and delta columns. You can see which lines already have them as non-zero. They are specific to each age group, but usually are the same for everyone. You may allow the action for visitors by checking the box if it is not checked already. Sometimes the TTAB resource is in the semi-global group, shared across all objects of that kind.

You can also do it in the guardian function of the action, usually labelled TEST, by setting the values for "Check tree advert: Minimum" and "Check tree advert: Range". This overrides the values in TTAB. The advantage of doing it here is that you make a smaller mod with less conflict. You can also vary the attractiveness by any characteristic of the person. For example, make the object attactive to visitors during particular time of the day. But you cannot enable an action for visitors if it is not already enabled.

In my experience, there will be a sharp threshold where people start using the object all the time. You can try to set a very large value of 100 to confirm that you've found the right setting. And then try to increase it from the default gradually.
Alchemist
#3 Old 28th Aug 2024 at 2:21 AM
iCad made a big tutorial about messing with object advertising - might help if you need more detailed instructions:
https://dramallamadingdang.tumblr.c...4/tutorial-time

My new downloads are on my Pillowfort