Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd May 2024 at 6:03 PM
Default Can't open the main lot of a household with more than 8 sims
I can't open any lot in my game with more than 8 sims, I am using mccc to make these households. But I can still open the household only if I am controlling a sim that is off the main lot.

I have tried everything from emptying my mods folder to reinstalling the game and trying new saves but nothing works.

I think this is probably a bug with mccc but I can't post in deaderpool's discord server because discord considers my phone number invalid for some reason and I haven't been able to resolve the issue.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 30th May 2024 at 3:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ellia2222
I can't open any lot in my game with more than 8 sims, I am using mccc to make these households. But I can still open the household only if I am controlling a sim that is off the main lot.

I have tried everything from emptying my mods folder to reinstalling the game and trying new saves but nothing works.

I think this is probably a bug with mccc but I can't post in deaderpool's discord server because discord considers my phone number invalid for some reason and I haven't been able to resolve the issue.

What exactly do you mean when you say you can't open the lot, what happens? Does it crash when loading that household?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Jun 2024 at 4:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GhostWitch
What exactly do you mean when you say you can't open the lot, what happens? Does it crash when loading that household?

The game loads forever. Sometimes I hear sound effects of a microwave or the sound queue of the household opening but nothing happens
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 6th Jun 2024 at 10:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ellia2222
The game loads forever. Sometimes I hear sound effects of a microwave or the sound queue of the household opening but nothing happens

Since you can load the household by selecting a family member who isn't on the house lot, it's possible there could be something wrong with the lot itself. When you try it on new saves, are you placing that same lot down? If not, then it's likely a problem with MCCC and having more than 8 members.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Jun 2024 at 9:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GhostWitch
Since you can load the household by selecting a family member who isn't on the house lot, it's possible there could be something wrong with the lot itself. When you try it on new saves, are you placing that same lot down? If not, then it's likely a problem with MCCC and having more than 8 members.

It was an issue with the lot. I opened up a different household with more than 8 sims on their different main lot and it worked.