Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jul 2005 at 8:27 PM Last edited by Conspiracey : 30th Jul 2005 at 8:30 PM.
Default lots of little Q's
Ok, if so, please provide links for these q's as i am sure theyve been done before. Search only does half a job for me btw, but it is still good
ok, first of a lon list.
Is or has someone created an animation tuturial fo they can change how sims move and or interact with different objects.
Is creating a new object considered as just a mesh but coloured?
What tools do i need to create a mesh/object or recolour? + any good tuturials?
Please can you name some popular/ your fave hacks for the game?
Is there an "anyinteractions" hack so anyone can do anything with anyone (could be good for film making!) if not i'll just put in a request.
Ditto above but for "any objects and as many as you want of that object".
Seing as downloading and installing anything and everything may totally mess up my game, can you list EVERY file i will ever need to back up please.
Any mods/hacks where you click on a sim and choose what you want them to wear and they'll just change into it there and then.
I want to start modding and downloading straight away, this mean by downloading and trying to make anything and everything, what tools/programs etc etc will i need? i have rar and zip btw.
If you do answer this then i will be verry gratefull

Shizny, erm i would also like a v basic Download manager please (this, i forgot) just one that carrys them on downloading once a reboot etc so i can download files in parts etc.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 30th Jul 2005 at 8:34 PM
My favorite hacks, from the top of my head, are the "No cheer" (kids don't run around and cheer when they get an A+), "Twins, triplets, or quads" (lets you choose how many kids your sim gives birth to) and "Homework Sometimes" (Kids only get get homework sometimes after school).

"I may be dead, but I'm still pretty...which is more than I can say for you."---Buffy, The Vampire Slayer
Inventor
#3 Old 30th Jul 2005 at 9:19 PM Last edited by MTS2Staff : 30th Jul 2005 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Serious [quote] misuse, "" represents quotes too.
"Is or has someone created an animation tuturial fo they can change how sims move and or interact with different objects."

Not even close. Modding isn't as easy as it seems. Trust me, I tried some damn hard things.

"Is creating a new object considered as just a mesh but coloured?"

Almost. It is hard to explain.

"What tools do i need to create a mesh/object or recolour? + any good tuturials?"

You need SimPE. Get it at http://sims.ambertation.de/. For recolors, use Wizards of SimPE which comes with SimPE. For creating an object, there are a few more programs needed. JWoods made an excellent tutorial here: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=59293.

"Please can you name some popular/ your fave hacks for the game?"

InSimenator by Eric and the Phone Hack. The Insimenator can do anything. Literally anything. Get it here: http://www.insimenator.net/.

"Is there an "anyinteractions" hack so anyone can do anything with anyone (could be good for film making!) if not i'll just put in a request."

There are a couple hacks for this. There is no global hack for this.

"Seing as downloading and installing anything and everything may totally mess up my game, can you list EVERY file i will ever need to back up please."

Too many, it depends. Basically, all you need are the things in your EA Games folder found in My Documents.

Any mods/hacks where you click on a sim and choose what you want them to wear and they'll just change into it there and then.

Merola's Mind Control Mirror: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=33870

Shizny, erm i would also like a v basic Download manager please (this, i forgot) just one that carrys them on downloading once a reboot etc so i can download files in parts etc.

Not sure about this.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th Jul 2005 at 9:26 PM
What about Sims2Pack Clean Installer? Anyway thankyou tonnes.
Inventor
#5 Old 30th Jul 2005 at 11:16 PM
S2P CI is not a download manager, though. There are tons, but I don't use one so I don't know.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 30th Jul 2005 at 11:41 PM
sorry i meant what does it do? do you recomend getting it.
Test Subject
#7 Old 30th Jul 2005 at 11:52 PM
it helps organize, so, you download a set, it will put floors in floors and objects away from skins, etc. read the description before downloading as it explains everything.

izac is wonderful for unzipping rars and zips, just search as the link is posted on here.

read the tutorials. it takes time to create so know your tools before you start baking that cake or you'll end up with pudding.
Inventor
#8 Old 30th Jul 2005 at 11:54 PM
Yes, S2P CI is a must for The Sims 2.
Mesh Maestro
#9 Old 31st Jul 2005 at 4:25 AM
[QUOTE=mod_bv]"Is or has someone created an animation tuturial fo they can change how sims move and or interact with different objects."

Not even close. Modding isn't as easy as it seems. Trust me, I tried some damn hard things.

This is not completely true (no offence meant), we have changed the animation. Take a look aat the "Grand Trianon" loft and bunk beds for example, Maxis didn't do that... The tample fountain in the architecture set is another case, the path of the sim was changed. The "Dream Team" has accomplished this feat indeed. I personally did not, I have worked with animating textures as seen in my "illusions" sets here at MTS2. There is a tutorial there I published that helps the knowledgeable re-colorer get a grasp on this type of animation as well as mesh makers. The editing of a sims "foot prints" is a very difficult task that can't be just written into a tutorial. An excellent knowledge of 3ds max or maya as well as a very strong knowledge of the games inner workings and SimPE are very much needed. If and when there comes an easy way to direct "how to" then maybe some sort of information will be released.

Reading is the key to all knowledge, math is the key to everything.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 31st Jul 2005 at 4:42 AM
JWoods- you are wonderful!!!
Inventor
#11 Old 31st Jul 2005 at 1:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JWoods
[QUOTE=mod_bv]"Is or has someone created an animation tuturial fo they can change how sims move and or interact with different objects."

This is not completely true (no offence meant), we have changed the animation. Take a look aat the "Grand Trianon" loft and bunk beds for example, Maxis didn't do that... The tample fountain in the architecture set is another case, the path of the sim was changed. The "Dream Team" has accomplished this feat indeed. I personally did not, I have worked with animating textures as seen in my "illusions" sets here at MTS2. There is a tutorial there I published that helps the knowledgeable re-colorer get a grasp on this type of animation as well as mesh makers. The editing of a sims "foot prints" is a very difficult task that can't be just written into a tutorial. An excellent knowledge of 3ds max or maya as well as a very strong knowledge of the games inner workings and SimPE are very much needed. If and when there comes an easy way to direct "how to" then maybe some sort of information will be released.

Oh... :sorry: I didn't know you made that animation, I thought it was discarded Maxis stuff. Do you have a link to the tutorial?
Mesh Maestro
#12 Old 31st Jul 2005 at 4:42 PM
The tutorial for the "cell" animation can be found here, it is the last download...

Reading is the key to all knowledge, math is the key to everything.
Inventor
#13 Old 1st Aug 2005 at 1:29 PM
Thank you so much! And congrats on becoming a moderator!
Field Researcher
#14 Old 1st Aug 2005 at 2:48 PM
Please can you name some popular/ your fave hacks for the game?
My favorite hacked object would have to be the mind control mirror by merola64 you can find it at http://www.simchaotics.com/ or here at MtS2 and anything from J.M. Pescado from http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/

Is there an "anyinteractions" hack so anyone can do anything with anyone (could be good for film making!) if not i'll just put in a request.
Do you mean romantic because TwoJeffs (he's one of the best hackers for the sims2) a casual romance mod hes from http://www.variousimmers.net

Seing as downloading and installing anything and everything may totally mess up my game, can you list EVERY file i will ever need to back up please.
well unless you actualy edit some of the actual files of the game (like a camra mod where you replace text files) the only thing you would back up is, every once in a wile, your neighborhood folder.

BoolProp will do this. That is "boolprob testingcheats enabled true" without the quotes in the cheat box and shift click on a sim and click spawn and the clothing tester. I also know of some hacks for this but they are risky and overide globals.

I want to start modding and downloading straight away, this mean by downloading and trying to make anything and everything, what tools/programs etc etc will i need? i have rar and zip btw.
If you do answer this then i will be verry gratefull

Lets see... your going to need SimPE the link on the front page and CEP http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?p=119480

That would be clean instaler which can be found on the front page.

um... yeah...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 1:53 PM Last edited by Conspiracey : 3rd Aug 2005 at 2:09 PM.
ok, thankyou alot for the help now i may need i little more.
Ive installed Clean Installer.
It says if it is highlited in red than it is a hack, what if i download a hack that i want and it says it is unwanted?
Anyway, SimPE and Insimenater things seem to come in many files that you have to download and install individually, if i want the full versions which do i need? Also why don't they just put it all into one big package? Thankyou again in advance.

EDIT: where has the request section/s gone? i need some hair meshes and recolours. Also if you add a new hair colour will it add it to the catalouge or replace the one that was edited? Same for eyes, lipstick,makeup etc. Last thing,i hope, actual Sim body mesh editing and recolouring is in SimPE isn't it?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 5th Aug 2005 at 11:25 AM
Anyone going to answer please?
Instructor
#17 Old 5th Aug 2005 at 11:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Conspiracey
ok, thankyou alot for the help now i may need i little more.
Ive installed Clean Installer.
It says if it is highlited in red than it is a hack, what if i download a hack that i want and it says it is unwanted?
Anyway, SimPE and Insimenater things seem to come in many files that you have to download and install individually, if i want the full versions which do i need? Also why don't they just put it all into one big package? Thankyou again in advance.

EDIT: where has the request section/s gone? i need some hair meshes and recolours. Also if you add a new hair colour will it add it to the catalouge or replace the one that was edited? Same for eyes, lipstick,makeup etc. Last thing,i hope, actual Sim body mesh editing and recolouring is in SimPE isn't it?

Conspiracey, the InSIMenator does not come in several different files. Although it has multiple parts to it, it is a single .package file.

Download the InSIMenator at InSIMenator.net
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 5th Aug 2005 at 1:39 PM
well at http://www.insimenator.net/viewtopic.php?t=403 (bottom of page) theres DEST DBJ and SIM edition, which one? I also don't yet have University.
Instructor
#19 Old 5th Aug 2005 at 11:48 PM
Hello Conspiracey,

The SIM edition adds new menu items to a sims menu (when you click on a sim) and the destination menu (when you click on a lot). The DEST edition adds new menus to the destionation menu but not the sims menu. The OBJ edition does not add menu items to the game outside of the InSIMenator. I use the SIM edition. Just choose one (only one).

InSIMenator (UV) Editions are compatible both with or without University installed. UV = Universal.

Please post questions concerning the InSIMenator on insimenator.net. Questions will probably get answered much faster if you do.
Test Subject
#20 Old 6th Aug 2005 at 12:06 AM
Default Animations...lol!
I thought i would add my 2 cents on the animation thing. animating a 3d object is a lot harder than using flash to make some guy with an exploding head. You have to(usually) use a lot of different effect type things and lots of key organization. I use 3ds max very much, and i rarely make animations except for when i have a good idea, and have the processing power to render it. Animators of 3d objects should never, ever, be underrated. Anyone that can animate has my resect. I, of course, do not know how to use SimPE, otherwise i would hop right in and change that stupid dance animation the sims have and the seizures they get when they play any type of game. A simple tutorial on animation won't make you good at it, believe me. 5 or more tutorials will make you SOMEWHAT familiar with the process. Learn your modelling program first.