Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Aug 2024 at 8:58 PM
Default change object type
Hello. I apologize in advance for my Google English.
This is probably a very stupid question, but I'm a newbie, well...
How to turn a wall object into a floor object?
the mod object was in the form of a painting, I changed its appearance to a sculpture, but it is still on the wall.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 25th Aug 2024 at 4:09 AM
Is it just a regular item with no added functions? If so, it's often easier to clone the type of object you want to turn it into, and transfer the mesh + texture. Can save you a lot of trouble.

If it's a modded object and you want to keep all the added functions (say, a posebox or a mod with multiple functions and pie menus), then I'm not sure. Maybe someone else knows.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Aug 2024 at 7:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Is it just a regular item with no added functions? If so, it's often easier to clone the type of object you want to turn it into, and transfer the mesh + texture. Can save you a lot of trouble.

If it's a modded object and you want to keep all the added functions (say, a posebox or a mod with multiple functions and pie menus), then I'm not sure. Maybe someone else knows.

yes, it is a modded object. i was hoping it could be changed with raw-data in object data. thanks for your responsiveness
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#4 Old 25th Aug 2024 at 10:40 AM
There are a few bhavs that control wall vs sculpture. The easiest way is to replace the Init with one from a scupture and then add the init - common. Either create a dummy clone of a sculpture, or just take them from an existing cc sculpture object.

Of course, this all hinges on the creator not editing those bhavs.
Scholar
#5 Old 25th Aug 2024 at 12:21 PM
Detailed flags are set in a script when the object is spawned. These can go in the Function - Init private to your object. If multiple lines change the same flag, the last one is in effect.

Wall placement flags (object data 0xD), which direct the object to only stand near a wall, like a sink
Exclusive placement flags (object data 0x3F # 2), which allow only one object to be placed on a given wall segment
Flags (object data 8 # 2,3 and 5), which allow the object to intersect other objects like a wall painting would allow to place furniture on top of it.
Placement flags (object data 0x2A # 10), which indicate on what kind of terrain the object can go on.

Intersection blocking also requires something in the 3D model data, which I don't know.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Aug 2024 at 1:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
There are a few bhavs that control wall vs sculpture. The easiest way is to replace the Init with one from a scupture and then add the init - common. Either create a dummy clone of a sculpture, or just take them from an existing cc sculpture object.

Of course, this all hinges on the creator not editing those bhavs.

so that's where it gets edited, you've cleared the way for me, thanks!