Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Apr 2006 at 7:27 PM
Default no bumpmap function in the new mesh
Hi

i have a problem. If i make new meshes they don't show up as bump maps anymore..before it worked but afterwards not.

i import and export with the plugins of wes_h or with miche and delphys mesh tool..i have tried both but it always the same...am i miss something?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 11th Apr 2006 at 10:01 PM
As far as I know, bump map will only work if you use export to smd format which is available since SimPE 056 (the latest one).
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#3 Old 11th Apr 2006 at 10:36 PM
Meshtool (simple) keeps bumpmaps - although not all meshes *have* bumpmaps. My initial edits of the scrubs mesh to turn it into medieval tunics and pants with boots did have bumpmaps.
Wes' plugins do not support bump maps.
The new smd import/export from SimPE does support bump maps. I have no idea if it will add bump maps to meshes that didn't originally have them.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 11th Apr 2006 at 10:43 PM
Quote:
I have no idea if it will add bump maps to meshes that didn't originally have them.

Yes it does you just have to add normal properties in TXMT and a normal TXTR.
By the way the bumpmap algorytm is not really good. The next release of the smd plugin will do it much better.
Alchemist
#5 Old 12th Apr 2006 at 5:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by skankyboy
By the way the bumpmap algorytm is not really good.

Well, at least yours works. Mine doesn't.

BTW, nice work on the SimPE plugin. About time there was something else besides MilkShape for body meshing.

<* Wes *>

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.