Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jul 2024 at 7:06 PM Last edited by leontinees : 28th Jul 2024 at 8:44 PM.
Several different unrelated issues (some are bugs) (updated)
Hello! Happy summer to everyone!

Since it's again the holiday, I started playing a bit TSM again. So far this time I was taking it lightly, no stressing about anything. But of course, eventually something always comes up...
Thanks in advance for any enlightment!

1 - BUG. I don't understand how or why, but my wizard suddenly can't study nor prepare spells. He can still scry just fine but not this anymore, the action just falls null. IIRC, it started happening after the gilded guilds quest, when I chose the apprentice to stay (because more elves, yay!). I tried resetting both the object and the character, to no avail. Also loaded the game without any mod or cc running, and the bug persist. It's also not a matter of object corruption but the wizard himself, because the elf mage can spelling no problem.
Edit: bug inconstant, seems to come and go without me doing anything . Very annoying during quests where I need spelling, though.

2 - BUG. Again don't know why or when, but when my physician operates a patient, they both get stuck at the end. Not freezing, they still move and make sounds, but it's like they're trapped in a loop upon the moment of releasing. Physician just keeps pinching the patient and patient keeps flinching, but never gets up again, action doesn't end. This doesn't happen when leeching, only when operating. But at the very least, this one can be resetted.
Edit: somehow it appears to have gone away on its own?

3 - BUG?. Okay, not sure if this is actually a bug or just the game not being programmed correctly... but the privacy settings don't seem to do anything. Whether is the royal chamber or the bard's room or whatever, people still go in and out however they please. I tried Grims core for opening/closing doors, but the issue is that it locks in/out heroes as well.

4 - BUG. The game doesn't let me do the quest "Cultural masterpiece/Build it" approach. I meet all the requirements, all the heroes needed are maxed out by several levels, but it's greyed out ¿?.
Edit: turns out you need a peteran priest during the quest for some chatting, despite NOWHERE telling you that. Why isn't it marked as support character like usual?

5 - MOD?. Getting inspiration is still as annoying as I remembered, sigh. It always takes me a while to get the one I need. Cannot even rearrange it in alphabetic order for tidyness. How difficult it might be to create a mod that gives every place in the kingdom a single specific inspiration? Just asking in good faith.

6 - MOD. I found some interesting cc in MariaCherry tumblr blog, but there is one that tricked me a bit. It's called "A better mod for kids", I think? Description says children can talk about more things to one another, which was nice. However, it also gave adults some annoying (to me) actions, like now several heroes can "Draw blood sample" from others (for no purpose whatsoever) or the town crier shoving a sword to everyone's throat more than ringing the bell. Would it be possible to modify this mod so only the added children options remain? I don't want to add anything to adults, they already have enough.

7 - WCIF. In the past, I remember having a bear costume for kids, both male and female. I liked it because it was funny! And it's not like children have many choices when it comes to clothing, so... I think it might have been a convert from TS3, but cannot be sure. Please, let me know if you know where to dl (already tried Sauris site, it's not there). Or any other web with kids outfits, in fact!

8 - WCIF. Looking for the book covers icons, please. Let me know if anyone extracted them!

9 - Just curious here, but I like both king/queen frog from that quest. Does anyone know if it's possible to get the two of them if you reroll the quest? Or will the first one disappear if you retry for the other gender with another hero?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 22nd Jul 2024 at 11:21 PM
The wizard can only use a limited number of spells. If you want to learn a different one you need to click on "Forget spell" first.

I think for the Cultural Masterpiece quest, you need some buildings too, not just hero levels. Kingball court, watcher pavilion, church... Not sure.

No idea about others questions or mods. Physician and privacy options work well for me, so maybe you have a mod that causes issues?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jul 2024 at 11:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lexylu
The wizard can only use a limited number of spells. If you want to learn a different one you need to click on "Forget spell" first.

I think for the Cultural Masterpiece quest, you need some buildings too, not just hero levels. Kingball court, watcher pavilion, church... Not sure.

No idea about others questions or mods. Physician and privacy options work well for me, so maybe you have a mod that causes issues?

I already know that, I've played this game for years . Bug is that currently the wizard only knows one spell, Beam of hope (something like that in English?), that you learn after freeing the genie quest. And the option to delete or forget spells works fine, I checked it, but then I cannot re-learn anything. Also tried using different staves just in case, result is the same.

All buildings were made with just my monarch, since I did quests many quests first. The kingdom was totally completed even before I made my second character, so there's nothing missing.

I also checked all this bugs without any cc or mod, even let the clock past midnight to see if something changed, but it didn't. Even on clean slate, the issues remained.