Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jun 2024 at 10:30 PM
Default StrangerVille question
Hello hello people !

I'm actually placing all the amazing buildings I've collected so far and it's the turn of StrangerVille

BUT : what about the plot ?

I haven't played it yet and since I also play the sims medieval I have a doubt, I wonder if it is possible to change the buildings in StrangerVille without breaking the plot ?

Any feedback ?

Thanks a lot already for reading me !
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 3rd Jun 2024 at 11:27 PM
Changing buildings doesn't change plot. The plot is built into the game. You'd need certain mods to mess with that.
Smeg Head
#3 Old 4th Jun 2024 at 12:19 AM
Also you can redecorate and refurbish the community buildings via build mode, but they do need to remain as the Bar and the Library are linked to the plot for meeting, questioning and recruiting military sims and federal agent sims at the Bar and scientist sims at the Library. Though it is also possible to meet, question and recruit these sim types while they are just walking around the streets of StrangerVille without need of visiting community venues.

The Secret Science Labs are not available to edit in build mode without mods, and even then the Labs will just revert to original Maxis design if you did use mods or cheats to access build mode. Though there are other tricks you can use to permanently change the Labs if you have no interest in repeating the Motherplant Story Quest again.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Jun 2024 at 2:06 PM
Aaaww thank you both of you ! I don't intend to do the plot more than once and thought I could make another save if ever I change my mind.

Also I do wanna change the bar and the library so thanks to you I'll do it later and why not give this plot a go since it probably doesn't take hours to be done. I wasn't in a game-play mood those past days but this questioning piqued my interest.

Thanks a ton again !!