Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#14776 Old 14th Jul 2024 at 1:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Can you place a phone in the communal area when building an apartment?

Yes, I usually put a wall mounted phone, but my sims can't interact with it at all. It's basically just a sculpture at this point!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#14777 Old 14th Jul 2024 at 1:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by inspiredzone
I have a landline in a communal area of an apartment lot. It doesn't work for incoming calls, but they can use it for outgoing calls.

I do built apartment lots as residential and then switch them to apartments at the end, so maybe that will help with the disappearing phone issue? I know when I have phones in apartments, they disappear upon rental because the game doesn't consider them the "essential" furniture.

It's more a case of a sim renting an apartment, and then after having bought a phone for the apartment and playing the houeshold for a while, the receiver just disappears. Interesting yours can use public phones, I've never been able to interact with any I've put in communal areas!
Forum Resident
#14778 Old 15th Jul 2024 at 2:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MHS0501
It's more a case of a sim renting an apartment, and then after having bought a phone for the apartment and playing the houeshold for a while, the receiver just disappears. Interesting yours can use public phones, I've never been able to interact with any I've put in communal areas!

Have you tried resetting the phone(s) by forcing an error with testingcheats enabled? Sometimes, on rare occasions, I've had sims set the handset down and not put it back on the base. I don't know if there's a personality trait that influences that (lazy? sloppy?), but I know it can happen. Perhaps your sims are just setting them down in odd spots and you're not finding them. But anyway, resetting the phone by forcing an error might also reset your handset problem. Give it a whirl... it's worth a shot. What's the worst that could happen? =)

-gE
>=)

Sims2 Shenanigans Workshop Discord! Learn to mod!!
Join our Discord and participate LIVE! Interact with instructors and creators!
Next Workshop Sat. July 13: Default Designs - HairEdition!!
This Workshop is on default replacing hair! Join Now, & Start Creating!
Scholar
#14779 Old 16th Jul 2024 at 1:42 AM
Lately, I have been throwing graduation parties for my Sims in college, which I didn't hardly ever do before, and I really like the cut scene that comes at the end of the party. I wish the photo they took during that cut scene was an actual photo that they could keep and hang on the wall. It's always so fun to me to see who is in the photo with them.
Top Secret Researcher
#14780 Old 16th Jul 2024 at 11:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sturlington
Lately, I have been throwing graduation parties for my Sims in college, which I didn't hardly ever do before, and I really like the cut scene that comes at the end of the party. I wish the photo they took during that cut scene was an actual photo that they could keep and hang on the wall. It's always so fun to me to see who is in the photo with them.

I use ScreenToGif to automatically make screenshots. If you then alter the screenshot and put it in the right folder, they can make a painting of the pic.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Follow me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Mad Poster
#14781 Old 16th Jul 2024 at 12:34 PM
Actually, if you take the images that go into a character's profile in SimPE, convert them into jpegs, and then place them in the 'pictures' folder, they will paint them as a 'still portrait' if they have a high enough creativity level.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://www.mediafire.com/?r=wbmnd#myfiles
Mad Poster
#14782 Old 16th Jul 2024 at 1:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sturlington

https://chickadeelee.livejournal.com/13521.html
You can take a screenshot and make it into a photo using the antique camera using this workaround.
Page 592 of 592