Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Aug 2024 at 3:37 PM
Default Edit Pregnancy in Script Mod
Hi All - not sure how to title this. I am hoping to tweak a retired mod for my personal use. If you are familiar with a certain vampire mod, then you may have also noticed that female hybrids produced by this mod are completely infertile. This is the bit that I want to change. With permission, I have cracked open the mod in S4S and looked at almost every string but I can't for the life in me find the proper line to change this function. Oddly enough, the male hybrids are able to reproduce but the females cannot, the option to "try for baby" is gone.

Additionally, after some online searching I discovered that the gender options are locked to "Neither" under reproduction (can get others pregnant, can get pregnant). I tried changing that (because we can live with quick/short/easy fixes) but upon returning to live mode the option to try for baby is still not there and doesn't "stick" no matter how many times you change it. If anyone could give me a clue, I would be eternally grateful!
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 4th Aug 2024 at 2:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LovethMia
Hi All - not sure how to title this. I am hoping to tweak a retired mod for my personal use. If you are familiar with a certain vampire mod, then you may have also noticed that female hybrids produced by this mod are completely infertile. This is the bit that I want to change. With permission, I have cracked open the mod in S4S and looked at almost every string but I can't for the life in me find the proper line to change this function. Oddly enough, the male hybrids are able to reproduce but the females cannot, the option to "try for baby" is gone.

Additionally, after some online searching I discovered that the gender options are locked to "Neither" under reproduction (can get others pregnant, can get pregnant). I tried changing that (because we can live with quick/short/easy fixes) but upon returning to live mode the option to try for baby is still not there and doesn't "stick" no matter how many times you change it. If anyone could give me a clue, I would be eternally grateful!

What mod are you referencing? I have an idea, but not sure. Script mods don't open with S4S, but tuning mods usually do. If there is a script component to the mod that might be the area you need to look into, the ts4script part. If it is a package file then that opens with S4S. Either that and I am wrong, I've just never seen a script mod opened with S4S before lol.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Aug 2024 at 5:11 PM
lol if it's not clear -- I'm new! I did figure it out and it worked but using S4S. In all honestly, I'm still fiddling with it and the creator has graciously answered my guesswork lol. I was half-right but off base by 2 miles. I'm working on tweaking the Twilight Mod because I like those vampires better.