Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1176 Old 19th Sep 2024 at 7:08 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 19th Sep 2024 at 7:19 PM. Reason: Clarity, Addendum, Tweaks and Errors
Either way, I can't really chew gum. I lost a couple teeth. Only prayer for me is the tooth regrowth medicine from Japan finishes medical trials in my life and is approved.

Either way...life so far is getting better and back on track.

My sleep is no longer disrupted beyond the normal biological reasons.

I am keeping tabs on my emotions.

I am working on a health diary.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Advertisement
Theorist
#1177 Old Yesterday at 9:33 PM
Calling this week weird is a understatement.

One example: The electric company decided it would be fun to try to toss me into the middle their drama. They've been told repeatedly not to do this. I don't care about their drama, fights and toxicity. More importantly than that, it is really unprofessional.

Speaking of being unprofessional, in the years we've lived in this house, we've never had a problem with people driving through the yard. The occasional U-turn would happen, but it didn't happen often enough to pay any kind of attention to it. This week, it hasn't only been contractors cutting through the yard, it has also been the mailman. Mail carriers and contractors are not supposed to be doing this. I don't know if it was our regular mailman or his sub.

All that to say, we've got some projects to deal with that I didn't plan on. One side of the driveway is going to become a green, privacy hedge. I contacted the arborist that we've been working with all summer to ask for suggestions of what to plant. He told me what to buy / plant. Our local plant nursery not only has what we need, but they also put them aside making picking them up easy as we won't have to look for them.

For the other side, I want to put in a gate. It isn't going to be for privacy, rather it is so if we need to get a truck in the yard for some reason, the contractor or whoever can come and go without too much fuss. The privacy hedge that we're creating with plants isn't for privacy either. It is a prettier way to keep people out of places they don't belong, while also helping with things like dust and noise.

The gate won't go in until next year. If the "traffic" problem continues, we'll have to find a temporary way to deal with it. Whether that means putting down a railroad tie or two, some beefy tree logs, I don't know, but it is going to be something. There are plenty of places for contractors and the mailman to turn around without bothering anybody. They're using my yard because its easy and they don't have to go out of their way.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1178 Old Today at 3:56 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : Today at 4:48 AM. Reason: Clarity, Addendum, Tweaks and Errors
Currently working side hustles to fund my life.

Nothing crazy.

Hell, if it involves a commercial for an online bean store with George Wendt as the spokesman
OR
a survey on a movie with George Wendt eating beans...

...it's worth the 2ยข if I fail to meet any criteria.

(The beans and George Wendt association was actually from Animaniacs, where, at the last minute to buy a birthday gift for their therapist\legal guardian, they are hounded by two persistent survey women. I had that happen to me once...it was AWFUL! No wonder the gag of getting rid of them went on for 7 minutes.)

Then again, I am known to be working hard at hardly working and I am a self-taught voice actor for nearly 31 years.

Better buy a bag of Granny Smiths. Someone told me vocal recovery speeds up with a green apple from the tree.

I know risks are involved with any venture. But if you don't take a gamble, you're not living... you're existing. Life is full of gambles. Like "Regular or Decaf?" "Up or Down?" "Red or Blue?"

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Page 48 of 48