Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#14751 Old 10th Jul 2024 at 9:36 PM
Can the scarecrow with the orange pumpkin head get struck by lightning and catch fire?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#14752 Old 10th Jul 2024 at 9:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grinevilly
Let's not.

People come here to get away from overly politicized bullshit of everyday life. No need to inject it here and stir shit between simmers where none needs to be stirred.

-gE
>=)

Although...it would be cool to have CHEER and BOO reaction to sims who use POLITICS CAREER REWARD. Be it based on sim's reputation or personality. :D
Forum Resident
#14753 Old 10th Jul 2024 at 10:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lena88
Although...it would be cool to have CHEER and BOO reaction to sims who use POLITICS CAREER REWARD. Be it based on sim's reputation or personality. :D

That, I wouldn't mind... haha! Sims can already cheer or boo... it's not like you'd have to invent anything new.

What would you do? Base it off reputation? Adjusted ±Charisma? ...or vice-versa? It would be interesting, how sims decided. Maybe it would have to be a two-sim item, like a stage with 2 podiums (podii?)... or like the dueling platforms in Makin' Magic. It'd have to have some randomness to it, i'd think. Kinda like fighting, the sim with more body points is more likely, but not necessarily guaranteed to win.

-gE
>=)

Sims2 Shenanigans Workshop Discord! Learn to mod!!
Join our Discord and participate LIVE! Interact with instructors and creators!
Next Workshop Sat. July 13: Default Designs - HairEdition!!
This Workshop is on default replacing hair! Join Now, & Start Creating!
Field Researcher
#14754 Old 10th Jul 2024 at 10:40 PM
Two + more sim item I preffer.
Imagine Daddy Bigbucks (sim from ds and gba games) talking politics and other stuff...only to be booed by other sims.
Mad Poster
#14755 Old 11th Jul 2024 at 12:55 AM
That, I wouldn't mind... haha! Sims can already cheer or boo... it's not like you'd have to invent anything new.

What would you do? Base it off reputation? Adjusted ±Charisma? ...or vice-versa? It would be interesting, how sims decided. Maybe it would have to be a two-sim item, like a stage with 2 podiums (podii?)... or like the dueling platforms in Makin' Magic. It'd have to have some randomness to it, i'd think. Kinda like fighting, the sim with more body points is more likely, but not necessarily guaranteed to win.

-gE
>=)

Oh no, have the booing and cheering be based on the listeners' interests!

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Forum Resident
#14756 Old 11th Jul 2024 at 1:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
Oh no, have the booing and cheering be based on the listeners' interests!

Ooooh! That's actually a very good idea!

-gE
>=)

Sims2 Shenanigans Workshop Discord! Learn to mod!!
Join our Discord and participate LIVE! Interact with instructors and creators!
Next Workshop Sat. July 13: Default Designs - HairEdition!!
This Workshop is on default replacing hair! Join Now, & Start Creating!
Mad Poster
#14757 Old 11th Jul 2024 at 2:02 AM
There were a set of traffic cones at another site that would generate fans or non-fans for those who think they deserve fans.

The non-fans boo, and the fans cheer wildly.

it's available at the Booty, under Simslice.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://www.mediafire.com/?r=wbmnd#myfiles
Field Researcher
#14758 Old 11th Jul 2024 at 10:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
There were a set of traffic cones at another site that would generate fans or non-fans for those who think they deserve fans.

The non-fans boo, and the fans cheer wildly.

it's available at the Booty, under Simslice.

Could those traffic cones be edited to reflect, fit interest of sims and relatet to their personality and/or relationship with the sim who uses POLITICS CAREER REWARD?
Mad Poster
#14759 Old 11th Jul 2024 at 2:42 PM
How do people currently react to the Politics Career reward? I've never used it.
Mad Poster
#14760 Old 11th Jul 2024 at 2:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
How do people currently react to the Politics Career reward? I've never used it.

I've been using it and unlike the Legal podium (which looks a lot alike the the Political one) it does not earn money-but if the pixel is a fairly well-spoken charismatic one, people will stop and listen to them.

The Legal one (where you earn 5 simeoleons for every single minute speaking) makes people listen attentively-but it's far more lucrative if one is broke.

Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
Mad Poster
#14761 Old 11th Jul 2024 at 2:53 PM Last edited by FranH : 11th Jul 2024 at 5:28 PM.
Could those traffic cones be edited to reflect, fit interest of sims and relatet to their personality and/or relationship with the sim who uses POLITICS CAREER REWARD?

I have no idea. You can try to do something with them in SimPE but I'll warn you that they're cloned off something else (probably a vase) so they might not be editable.

I'll see what they look like in SimPE myself soon.

The reason I am hesitant to do any hacking of this item (or any of simslice's) is that it was done during the very earliest days of the game and thus not as complex in the code to allow a lot of modding or alteration.

Edit:

I just took a peek at the cones-they're cloned from the pink flamingo and I don't think they're modifiable beyond what they're done for now.

Mad Poster
#14762 Old 11th Jul 2024 at 3:09 PM
You could place one of the cones on the lot where someone is speaking while they're using the podium and get the fans and hecklers. What decides if someone is a fan or not?
Mad Poster
#14763 Old 11th Jul 2024 at 5:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
You could place one of the cones on the lot where someone is speaking while they're using the podium and get the fans and hecklers. What decides if someone is a fan or not?

From what I can tell in SimPE it's dependent on niceness and playfulness for the celebrity cone, probably for the protest cone as well. The BHAV function editor has a line in it about "niceness" and 'playfulness" along with other personality characteristics as a true/false operation.

Warning: if you want to go and work on hacking these items, the BHAV operations for each one go into about 40 separate function lines in the BHAV editor.
Unless you're very, very skilled in the BHAV editing, I'd recommend not touching either of them. Multiple lines of operations is a dead giveaway they hacked it to the skies and back.

I wouldn't touch them, based on what I've seen.

Field Researcher
#14764 Old 11th Jul 2024 at 5:35 PM
There are two kind of cones: the BOO one and CHEER one. The reaction depends only on the cones you use on a lot.
Mad Poster
#14765 Old 11th Jul 2024 at 5:42 PM
There are two kind of cones: the BOO one and CHEER one. The reaction depends only on the cones you use on a lot.

The cones are "Celebrity" and "Protest". They will generate about 3/4 people of either variety if they're placed on a lot.

(I've played with these..)

Lab Assistant
#14766 Old 11th Jul 2024 at 11:47 PM
I would love to see a mod or maybe a custom object that made it so sims could use landline phones in communal areas of apartments. It would be good for more historical or poverty-oriented gameplay (like, the trailer park uses the local public phone). That, and also i have a stupid glitch where landline phone receivers disappear in apartments at random intervals, so I have to always rebuy them over and over again whenever someone wants to use the phone.
Mad Poster
#14767 Old Yesterday at 11:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MHS0501
I would love to see a mod or maybe a custom object that made it so sims could use landline phones in communal areas of apartments. It would be good for more historical or poverty-oriented gameplay (like, the trailer park uses the local public phone). That, and also i have a stupid glitch where landline phone receivers disappear in apartments at random intervals, so I have to always rebuy them over and over again whenever someone wants to use the phone.

Can you place a phone in the communal area when building an apartment?
Forum Resident
#14768 Old Yesterday at 6:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MHS0501

I have a landline in a communal area of an apartment lot. It doesn't work for incoming calls, but they can use it for outgoing calls.

I do built apartment lots as residential and then switch them to apartments at the end, so maybe that will help with the disappearing phone issue? I know when I have phones in apartments, they disappear upon rental because the game doesn't consider them the "essential" furniture.
Field Researcher
#14769 Old Yesterday at 8:11 PM
Maybe it would have to be a two-sim item, like a stage with 2 podiums (podii?)... or like the dueling platforms in Makin' Magic. It'd have to have some randomness to it, i'd think. Kinda like fighting, the sim with more body points is more likely, but not necessarily guaranteed to win.

-gE
>=)

Earlypleasantview has MAGIC DUELING mod, not platform for duel. But it still works.
Page 591 of 591