Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Sep 2024 at 6:59 AM
Default WIP - Sabrina Carpenter Sim
It's been a hot minute since I've uploaded any sims to MTS, and I got the idea today to make Sabrina Carpenter since she's kinda the "it girl" of the summer right now:

Any thoughts? It definitely helps to get other opinions before I prepare it to be uploaded

The simmer formerly known as Averex
My Claim to Fame
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 22nd Sep 2024 at 7:40 AM Last edited by stupidname : 22nd Sep 2024 at 8:07 AM.
Do you have any photos with the Sim's hair tied back, preferably without makeup? It would make it easier to compare face shapes.

A stupid signature
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Sep 2024 at 5:03 PM
@stupidname

Yes! I removed the hair altogether for the sake of simplicity. First two are with makeup, last is without.

Screenshots

My Claim to Fame
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 23rd Sep 2024 at 5:14 AM
I created some composites, along with some suggestions traced onto the image.

You did a good job of recreating her features, but a common suggestion for artists trying to recreate real people is to slightly exaggerate the subject's features, especially the standout features. In this case, Sabrina has a prominent heart-shaped face and jawline in her front portrait and an aquiline nose in her profile, so I'd suggest exaggerating those more than the others. Play around with the exaggerations and features until you are happy and don't be afraid to go a little extreme.
Screenshots

A stupid signature
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Sep 2024 at 5:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stupidname
I created some composites, along with some suggestions traced onto the image.

You did a good job of recreating her features, but a common suggestion for artists trying to recreate real people is to slightly exaggerate the subject's features, especially the standout features. In this case, Sabrina has a prominent heart-shaped face and jawline in her front portrait and an aquiline nose in her profile, so I'd suggest exaggerating those more than the others. Play around with the exaggerations and features until you are happy and don't be afraid to go a little extreme.

This is super helpful, thank you so much!

My Claim to Fame