Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old Today at 3:44 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Problems with Mod Recognition/Compatability and Game Start
Hi everyone!

I hope all is well,

I grew up on the Sims 3 and have been really taken away with all the good mods that have expanded upon it in many ways since my adolescence years. Recently, I have decided to come pack to the Sims 3 and to make use of mods again just as I used to, however; it has proven to be very difficult. I have had many good people help me in the past on this website and would love to try my luck once again to bring a solution to my problem once and for all:

Unfortunately, I am having problems running my mods in my mods folder.

My computer is a Lenovo Gaming laptop from 2019 with Nvidia Geforce GTX and AMD RYZEN 5000 Series with 8GB of RAM so I dont believe this to be the problem. Especially since the Sims 3 is from 2009.

---

I will list some things that I have done in an effort to try to mitigate the problem:

* I have formed a mods folder in the past so I know that it is constructed correctly; furthermore I have already removed all of my mods except the nointro mod and the mod successfully ran which indicated to me that everything is fine with the folder.

* I have checked my Sims 3 game version and noticed that it is game version 1.69 ; I have also glanced at the mods that I have downloaded and their different versions to get the most updated version. (I have gotten the concept that many mods continued to work with my current game version even coming from version 1.67; sorry if my numbers are not exact.

* I have downloaded different Mods Managers to see if some mods are interacting with each other and causing issues, however; I have not been having success at catching them. One of the mod managers required that you have gotten Steam's Version of the Sims 3 (I wish i would've done that in the first place ). The other was not picking up mods for some odd reason maybe it was outdated. The interface looked quite old.

Here are some things that I am experiencing in my game at the moment. Upon launching the game, I am shown SOME of the mods that I have in my folder but not all of them. Once I try to start a neighborhood, it is not being able to completely load with the loading bar reaching around 98% and never reaching 100%. Yet, once I remove all my mods, Sunset Valley loads fine.

---

If there is anything else that I can do to facilitate someone being able to help me out, let me know please. I will not hesitate to do so.

I will also upload some photos as well as my mod folder so that anyone who decides to help can see the current set up of my mods folder, the mods that are included etc. (I checked the moderation rules and didn't see something that impeded this, if its against the rules, I'll promptly remove the link no problem!)

Thank you for the help in advance. I can't wait to be able to relive my childhood memories once again!
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Folderifico.zip (142.03 MB, 0 downloads)
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old Today at 5:00 AM
Well, it sounds you have at least one that interferes. Have you checked for conflicts with Dashboard? https://modthesims.info/d/387006/si...8217-25892.html

If there aren't any, looks like you need to do the 50/50 method to find the offending one. Take out half, check if it loads, if it does, put in half of the other half, check again, and so on until you hit the one that creates the loading issue.

The list at the beginning only shows script mods, I believe. That's normal