Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Oct 2020 at 5:34 PM
Default Sims Unleashed TV Skins Pack
Anyone have this, or any info on it? Most I can gather is it was part of a Kinko's promotion
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 18th Oct 2020 at 9:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by xjxcob
Anyone have this, or any info on it? Most I can gather is it was part of a Kinko's promotion

Quick search gave me this

I always downloaded the bonus skins however i do not specifically recall this one. I also do not know where the auto-installer installs these skins.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Nov 2020 at 7:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Picasims
Quick search gave me this

I always downloaded the bonus skins however i do not specifically recall this one. I also do not know where the auto-installer installs these skins.

Thing is, that's the pet skins. Supposedly there's also a TV skins pack for the actual sims, but I still haven't been able to find it. Very obscure afaik thank you anyway!!
Test Subject
#4 Old 31st Aug 2024 at 5:00 PM
Here are the Complete Skin Pack (Archived, The Main Site download no longer works, aka deadlink download link)

https://web.archive.org/web/2023092...rg/FUNSTUFFPAGE

If it don't download, hop on previous line in the available timeline, you go check too if the file has been download.

Some files won't open (Won't Extract) you need to download WinRAR to Open it with WinRAR and select Setup or the Install (This applies on French Skin Pack) All files are not fully corrupt but partially is so just Open it with Winrar.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 31st Aug 2024 at 6:22 PM Last edited by Corylea : 1st Sep 2024 at 12:11 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by SimsUnleashed
Some files won't open (Won't Extract) you need to download WinRAR to Open it with WinRAR and select Setup or the Install (This applies on French Skin Pack) All files are not fully corrupt but partially is so just Open it with Winrar.

You can also open rar files with 7zip, which is available free at https://www.7-zip.org/download.html.

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Test Subject
#6 Old 31st Aug 2024 at 7:41 PM
If you happen to have a more niche unarchiver it might also be more forgiving if it happens to be a regular zip that your normal tool just doesn't like for some reason--there IS one 7z and one rar I can see on that site but most of it is zips and exes.

(For instance, there was a zip somewhere on here the other day I was trying to get that Windows 10's built-in zip handler insisted was broken/invalid. I have PeaZip because it was the first modern one I found that would still unzip a really old disused archive format I needed to handle exactly once, so I tried the weird zip in that and it worked just fine. PeaZip also can handle 7z and rar, which is nice but not the original reason I downloaded it, lol)
Field Researcher
#7 Old 31st Aug 2024 at 7:51 PM Last edited by kenoi : 31st Aug 2024 at 8:16 PM.
7-Zip can extract rar archives as well, and it does it expertly. It's free and open source, and all you need. No need to install the proprietary WinRAR.

It's one of the best tools in existence for archive handling/extraction:

Quote:
Supported formats:

Packing / unpacking: 7z, XZ, BZIP2, GZIP, TAR, zip and WIM
Unpacking only: APFS, AR, ARJ, CAB, CHM, CPIO, CramFS, DMG, EXT, FAT, GPT, HFS, IHEX, ISO, LZH, LZMA, MBR, MSI, NSIS, NTFS, QCOW2, RAR, RPM, SquashFS, UDF, UEFI, VDI, VHD, VHDX, VMDK, XAR and Z.

It can also open and extract self-extracting EXEs.

Edit:

PeaZip is based on 7-Zip. It shares the same libraries and source code.