Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 9:40 AM
Default Returning the game on Origin
What happens if you return the game via Origin? Seems like a silly question but they won't "ban" the game from you will they? I have pre-ordered a DVD copy of the game and it was supposed to arrive today, on release day. However due whatever reason it hasn't still arrived and has little to no chance of arriving today at all. I am impatient and want to play now so I was considering ordering it via Origin. The case copy is 10 euros less than the one on Origin so I'd rather keep that one..

If my copy DOES arrive tomorrow can I safetly return the digital copy and then use the DVD one? Or will I not be able to play that either on my account? Anyone done this before?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 11:12 AM Last edited by SerenaSims : 5th Sep 2014 at 12:17 PM.
I don't know about returning the disk, but if you decide to go ahead and get it on origin, and let's say your disk version arrives tomorrow, you can return it via origin within 24 hours. Awful risky though. I'd just wait it out.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 12:04 PM
Yes that's what I was planning on doing since the DVD version is cheaper. I decided to go ahead and order it anyway via Origin. Friend of mine promised to buy the DVD copy off me 'since Limited Edition is no longer available. And even if they won't I can return the game within 14 days due online sales laws in Finland.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 12:25 PM
You can get a refund on origin from up to 24 hours after you have played the game. Basically what they do is remove it from your origin library but keep the files on your computer so if you buy it again you can play. Alternatively, if you later buy a hard copy you enter the serial number and you have access to it all again with no more installs needed.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 1:02 PM
Thank you Euan, that's all I needed to know