Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old Today at 12:04 AM
Is it allowed to post a mod that contains music from outside The Sims 4?
I'm planning to create a mod but I'm afraid that it may get taken down for potential reasons like copyright, The music pack I'm trying to put in my mod is from another game, they play in specific events. And there is a chance some of them are copyrighted (but mostly not) so I'm not quite sure since the soundtracks of video games are usually allowed to be played elsewhere like live streams, etc. I don't intend to profit through this mod in any way. It will be completely for free.

Should I take the risk and start working on this mod or cancel the idea? Could this type of mod violate the rules of this website? I need your help in that matter. Thanks in advance!
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space, bark!
retired moderator
#2 Old Today at 10:51 AM
( @Tashiketh @HugeLunatic @Lyralei Could you advise where to post this perhaps? )

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH- -RADIO- -RADIO- -EON- -ARCHIVES-
Simpeople and Me Archive- 11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive- Adele Archive- Sims 1 Archive
Please send me a message if you would like a SimsFileShare account, I can send you an invite!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#3 Old Today at 6:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by neokit
I'm planning to create a mod but I'm afraid that it may get taken down for potential reasons like copyright, The music pack I'm trying to put in my mod is from another game, they play in specific events. And there is a chance some of them are copyrighted (but mostly not) so I'm not quite sure since the soundtracks of video games are usually allowed to be played elsewhere like live streams, etc. I don't intend to profit through this mod in any way. It will be completely for free.

Should I take the risk and start working on this mod or cancel the idea? Could this type of mod violate the rules of this website? I need your help in that matter. Thanks in advance!

I would suggest checking the original copyright holder (aka the game studio that developed it) since you aren't sure if it's copyrighted or not. There is some fair-use allowed, especially if it's not for profit and clearly attributed but I'd check nonetheless.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.