Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd May 2024 at 9:39 PM
Default New to the Sims 4! All over again!
Henlo everyone! ^_^/ I took a long, LONG break from this game, and everything is basically all new to me! I might as well have been abducted by aliens and mind-wiped for how little I remember!

So, first of all, I'm really, REALLY sorry for the stupid sophomoric question. I didn't know where else to take it, and if this is the wrong place, you have my permission to whip me with a wet noodle. And then move the post. On to the terrible, AWFUL question that is wet noodle-worthy! Since I last played this game, a lot has changed for me, but one thing that has NOT changed is my computer. It is now 12 years old, quite elderly (it hacks and wheezes when I try to get it to start up), so I try to put most things on another drive, such as my games. The Sims 4 is also on said drive. Will this make a difference to where I put my custom content?

There. Go ahead! Begin the wet noodle whapping! I can take it! But while you do, I have more questions. If it doesn't change where I put custom content, is there a way to get it onto my drive as well, instead of onto the library folder? As I remember, I can go rather overboard with the CC. I don't think my poor old computer's rust-covered CPU can handle it.

Thanks so much! \^_^/
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 24th May 2024 at 9:24 PM
Where is your Documents folder? Because that is where you install your custom content.
Game Help:TS4 Custom Contentwiki
There are ways of changing where your Documents folder is, depending upon your OS and the method you wish to use.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th May 2024 at 5:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Where is your Documents folder? Because that is where you install your custom content.
Game Help:TS4 Custom Contentwiki
There are ways of changing where your Documents folder is, depending upon your OS and the method you wish to use.

I read a guide on how to change the placement, so I put it into my E: folder. E:\Games\The Sims 4\Mods. I really hope that works.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 25th May 2024 at 11:33 AM
Great, let us know if it works!