Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jun 2024 at 2:37 PM Last edited by Rafan : 13th Jun 2024 at 7:57 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Monique's hacked computer isn't working properly!
Hi guys, I need some help! 😢

My Monique computer is not working for some in-game things:

- Online banking does not earn interest above $2000+ deposited.
- The children do not automatically enter the private school when activating the fees through the computer (the option appears on, but does not work).
- The "work at home" and "pay bills" options don't work if activated directly from the sim's pie menu (when I click, the menu disappears and no action is taken by the sim).

I tried the following things, but none of them worked:

- I uninstalled all the other mods I have and tested the computer as I thought it might be some incopatibility, but it still didn't work!
- I cleaned up bugs with ffsdebugger and it didn't work either.
- I separated the expensive and cheap models into folders, but that didn't work either.
- I installed and uninstalled several versions of the computer, the original, the one modified for AL and others I found on the internet, none of which worked either.
- I tested it in different neighborhoods, nothing either.
- I deleted the file "MQ_Computer_Global_Sims_Controller" because according to some forums it could cause problems, but it didn't work.
- I use a document that activates cheats when entering the game, I thought one of them might be interfering and I deactivated it, but it didn't work either.

Can anyone tell me what might be going on? I don't know what else to do. Maybe it's a problem with the version of my game? I use the "free" Ultimate Collection version of Mr. Dj!
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 13th Jun 2024 at 7:02 PM
I don't know what the problem might be, but leaving this here as extra info:
The Global Sims Controller doesn't cause problems with the computer not working, it causes issues with Sims not being able to do social interactions, at least in my experience. The only thing it does is cause jump bugs, and if you have testingcheats on it an object error will popup with the problem being "Missing Neighbour for Data Access".

Cats are the cutest creatures. And the most stubborn.

My Simblr
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 13th Jun 2024 at 11:59 PM
Do you have all the needed files?
Screenshots

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Jun 2024 at 1:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FuryCat
I don't know what the problem might be, but leaving this here as extra info:
The Global Sims Controller doesn't cause problems with the computer not working, it causes issues with Sims not being able to do social interactions, at least in my experience. The only thing it does is cause jump bugs, and if you have testingcheats on it an object error will popup with the problem being "Missing Neighbour for Data Access".

Got it, that's what I'd read! I tried deleting the file because I didn't know what else to do 😥
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Jun 2024 at 1:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Do you have all the needed files?

Ooo, I have! And I have even more files than you do, I don't know why. All the versions I downloaded came with more controllers, did I skip an installation tutorial? I don't remember reading anything about!
Screenshots
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 14th Jun 2024 at 2:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rafan
Ooo, I have! And I have even more files than you do, I don't know why. All the versions I downloaded came with more controllers, did I skip an installation tutorial? I don't remember reading anything about!

I think I removed what I didn't want, like vampire and werewolf potions. Not sure why you have more bill controllers. You could try copying what I have. (leaving vampire and werewolf potions if you need them)
I have never tried the private school option since I set school on the simlogical school token, so no idea if that option works or not.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th Jun 2024 at 2:42 AM
I think I removed what I didn't want, like vampire and werewolf potions. Not sure why you have more bill controllers. You could try copying what I have. (leaving vampire and werewolf potions if you need them)
I have never tried the private school option since I set school on the simlogical school token, so no idea if that option works or not.

Thanks for the clarification, I'll try to do that. Can you tell me if the bank's interest rates work normally for you?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 14th Jun 2024 at 2:56 AM
Thanks for the clarification, I'll try to do that. Can you tell me if the bank's interest rates work normally for you?

I get bank interest regardless of how much they have deposited, so long as they have at least $1000 in the bank.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 14th Jun 2024 at 11:51 PM
I get bank interest regardless of how much they have deposited, so long as they have at least $1000 in the bank.

I found out what was going on. In fact, all the files were ok (except the MQ_Computer_Global_Sims_Controller, which doesn't really work). The problem was with the Sims, the mod for some reason doesn't work on playable Sims/families already created in the game, but it works normally on Sims created in CAS. I don't know how to fix it, but I can deposit normally in their bank (only the interest doesn't work), so I'm going to play the way it is. 😕
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 15th Jun 2024 at 4:45 AM
I found out what was going on. In fact, all the files were ok (except the MQ_Computer_Global_Sims_Controller, which doesn't really work). The problem was with the Sims, the mod for some reason doesn't work on playable Sims/families already created in the game, but it works normally on Sims created in CAS. I don't know how to fix it, but I can deposit normally in their bank (only the interest doesn't work), so I'm going to play the way it is. 😕

That's really odd.

~Call me Jo~