Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#1001 Old Today at 6:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kirabook
The idea of LBY might not be completely dead yet, but Paradox's approach will be different in the future, so says the Paradox CEO.

https://www.gamesradar.com/games/si...e-have-to-stop/

I'm very happy to hear that Paradox hasn't completely given up on trying to make their own life simulator one day. They acknowledged that they did not keep a tight enough leash on LBY and it kinda ran away with them, scope and moneywise I imagine.

They say they'd start smaller next time. I wonder in what way. Graphically? It's kinda hard to tell with scope. I'd say Paralives is starting pretty small in a way, would they just follow Paralives' path?

I guess it's going to be another long wait for Paradox to pick up the pieces and put out their own life simulator.

I am genuinely surprised that this guy still has his job at this stage.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#1002 Old Today at 7:18 PM
At least he seems to be admitting they all collectively got cocky with success and started wasting money. People like this usually fail upwards so I imagine moving forward they're gonna be more careful and calculated moving forward.

Despite how LBY ended up, I find myself looking forward to what a new studio/developers can do with a bit of money behind them. There will be way more hands on changes from the executives this time I'm sure, but it seems like the CEO is basically just repeating the same critiques everyone else had so it's not like he's off base on what life simmers are looking for.

There is still space for a life sim that is graphically between Inzoi and Paralives no matter how big its scope is. I mean, there is Vivaland but they've been quiet for a while.
Inventor
#1003 Old Today at 9:43 PM Last edited by Sokisims : Today at 10:08 PM.
I have a theory that both Sims 5 and LbY have decided to hide from the public, they were being very impulsive and were not offering anything presentable, it practically seemed like they were laughing at the players.

So I wouldn't be surprised if we hear about both games again later, especially now that Inzoi has shown his cards, I suppose they will be taking note of everything that is published in the competition. I don't think that Renee project is going to be Sims 5, although maybe they think they can go steal as they want and yes it is xD

Then there is the money laundering theory, I already said it last year. How is a serious company going to present something like that? That's not worth a million... xD
Page 41 of 41