Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Sep 2024 at 6:25 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Floor tiles in apartment lot deleting themselves?
When I build a lot I always fill in the gap between the maxis pathway and the street. But on apartment lots, as soon as I move on the first family those floor tiles I added are just gone. Can‘t find anything about it online.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 11th Sep 2024 at 9:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shotshotshotshot
When I build a lot I always fill in the gap between the maxis pathway and the street. But on apartment lots, as soon as I move on the first family those floor tiles I added are just gone. Can‘t find anything about it online.

That's because an apartment isn't one lot. Each families unit or flat or apartment is a clone of the sublot and acts as its own lot.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Sep 2024 at 3:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
That's because an apartment isn't one lot. Each families unit or flat or apartment is a clone of the sublot and acts as its own lot.

But then why doesn‘t it delete everything else as well and only those particular floor tiles? I moved no other family in before them.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 12th Sep 2024 at 7:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by shotshotshotshot
But then why doesn‘t it delete everything else as well and only those particular floor tiles? I moved no other family in before them.

The game deletes those every time a lot is moved or packaged as well, so they are somehow primed to be removed unlike other things. I can only guess they delete when the lot changes.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~