Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old Today at 1:27 AM Last edited by TMProductions : Today at 2:57 AM.
Default Clean Installer Error
I'm having a problem with Clean Installer when I try to install a packaged sim. It gives me this system out of memory error was thrown when I press install. It's only with this one sim, it works fine for others, but if anyone has any suggestions as to what to do, please help. Thanks!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old Today at 4:10 AM
Is the sim downloadable anywhere? If so, can you post a link? Asking because it's easier to check if the error is replicable for someone else, and/or if there's a file in the pack that's causing issues.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old Today at 4:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Is the sim downloadable anywhere? If so, can you post a link? Asking because it's easier to check if the error is replicable for someone else, and/or if there's a file in the pack that's causing issues.

This is the link to him,

https://www.simfileshare.net/download/5061209/
Mad Poster
#4 Old Today at 4:37 AM
Pretty sure the issue is the size of the file. Sims don't tend to come in sizes of 450 mb. It looks like the file contains 3 instances of a file called "BigHairDump25", which are about 255 MB each, explaining the extreme file size. The rest of the files are less than 3 MB combined.

What you can do is to untick the three hairs ("eir-ung LeahLIlith Creature - rented Space", type: Hair color), install everything else, then run the file again, and untick everything except one of the hairs. I managed to install the files that way, without an error.

(It's one of the reasons why bundled files aren't always the best solution, especially when uploading sims/houses).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old Today at 4:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Pretty sure the issue is the size of the file. Sims don't tend to come in sizes of 450 mb. It looks like the file contains 3 instances of a file called "BigHairDump25", which are about 255 MB each, explaining the extreme file size. The rest of the files are less than 3 MB combined.

What you can do is to untick the three hairs ("eir-ung LeahLIlith Creature - rented Space", type: Hair color), install everything else, then run the file again, and untick everything except one of the hairs. I managed to install the files that way, without an error.

(It's one of the reasons why bundled files aren't always the best solution, especially when uploading sims/houses).

Okay awesome! I will try that tomorrow and report back here if it works and I will let my friend know, looks like she's using huge 4t2 hair files that are causing the issue! Thank you!