Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
#26 Old 30th Aug 2024 at 8:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
Are you sure you have the latest version of TSRW? I do have folders for 2.74, but also for 2.81

AHHH! Probably not the latest. I have 3 different versions currently, as different versions seem to do certain things better. But, I'll check TSR. Thanks.

Shiny, happy people make me puke!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 30th Aug 2024 at 8:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LadySmoks
AHHH! Probably not the latest. I have 3 different versions currently, as different versions seem to do certain things better. But, I'll check TSR. Thanks.

Good new I finaly added on 2.81 plug-in and guess what is still working also in 4.0 Version of Blender.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#28 Old 30th Aug 2024 at 8:40 PM
See, working. Now left only thing.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#29 Old 30th Aug 2024 at 8:49 PM
I just export this car as Wavefront.obj, is okay? If not I have exported as wso
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#30 Old 30th Aug 2024 at 9:09 PM
This Muscle will be cloned as Rocktown 3000 from Fast Lane Stuff Expansion
Screenshots
Inventor
#31 Old 30th Aug 2024 at 11:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Stevenafc11
I just export this car as Wavefront.obj, is okay? If not I have exported as wso

You should look at the thread that CardinalSims linked, as well as the site that you sent to me earlier. I've only recently started doing vehicles, ut there is a lot more to it than making the model into a .wso.

I guess that is okay as a test, to see it in your game, but there are several "joints" that need to be assigned for various parts of the car. Then, the rig must be matched to the joints in TSRW. At this point, I really only do the main body, and 4 wheels to make them spin. I don't make the wheels turn yet, but eventually might add that.

Also, the car will have glass parts, and possibly full bright shader. You need to match you groups to what you are using as donor. If you need more groups, you can use duplicate in TSRW.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#32 Old 31st Aug 2024 at 12:26 AM
Alright
Inventor
#33 Old 31st Aug 2024 at 8:58 PM
Alright

OY! Another thing that I often do is download something and open it in TSRW, to see how it was made. Both Dailycard and Fresh Prince make some nice vehicles... cars, motorcycles, trucks, buses, planes, boats... perhaps more.

You can eport their meshes (both .wso and as oject or fbx) and see how the UV is laid out, and textures. Also, see how they set up their rigs. Import their .wsos to Milkshape, and see how they did joints. It's how I have learned vehicles, and other things.

A note: Some EA rigs don't show as adjustable in TSRW. I just borrow rigs from Dailycard or Fresh Prince. You can open one of their packages in TSRW and export the rig as bin, then import to your project. Save and reopen, and the rig will be in your project, and ready to adjust.

I just looked, and rockabilly car rig does not show. There are a few other EA cars that do show the rig adjustments. I don't have time to check them all.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#34 Old 6th Sep 2024 at 9:23 AM
I have found possibly useful tutorial to porting also Sims 2 to Sims 3
https://simswiki.info/wiki.php?titl...ersion_Tutorial
Inventor
#35 Old 6th Sep 2024 at 3:08 PM
I have found possibly useful tutorial to porting also Sims 2 to Sims 3
https://simswiki.info/wiki.php?titl...ersion_Tutorial

I know others will say TS2 to TS3 is easy, but I found going backwards to be a PITA. I have converted only 1 TS2 to TS3, then found the un edited model on DeviantArt a while later... which is now where I get most of my models.

Page 2 of 2