Default First sims 3 pack?
First sims 3 pack?

Mine would be Island Paradise

DONT! BE! BLEAK!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 30th Jul 2024 at 1:52 PM
Mine was pets

Alolissimo Pomel of Goldel Lucentel, it's me, the Fandom Gremlin and Different Twin.

My main site is at https://www.ncls.it/unigaia/

Just a girl on Entropy’s Side
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 30th Jul 2024 at 3:43 PM
I had the basegame and then World Adventures on release days. I still think that World Adventures was the best pack for any iteration of the game- it had so much content including three massive worlds, plus the ability to build logic gates in the game. Many features that could be used and applied to other worlds.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th Jul 2024 at 5:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I had the basegame and then World Adventures on release days. I still think that World Adventures was the best pack for any iteration of the game- it had so much content including three massive worlds, plus the ability to build logic gates in the game. Many features that could be used and applied to other worlds.

I agree in some sort of way - I love the pack, it's one of my top tier favourites and (literally) cried when it arrived to my house through ebay lollll. But there is some aspect lacking, such as that vacations to the destinations are boring without the adventures. Like I understand the whole pack is adventure based but...I also want my sims to go on holidays like in the sims 1 and 2, such as picking a hotel, meeting the weird mascots and just relaxing...that's the only thing that the sims 3 lacks ; a proper vacation pack. I know NRASS has a mod for that but the less mods the better in my book

DONT! BE! BLEAK!
Forum Resident
#5 Old 30th Jul 2024 at 11:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dontbebleakdahling
I agree in some sort of way - I love the pack, it's one of my top tier favourites and (literally) cried when it arrived to my house through ebay lollll. But there is some aspect lacking, such as that vacations to the destinations are boring without the adventures. Like I understand the whole pack is adventure based but...I also want my sims to go on holidays like in the sims 1 and 2, such as picking a hotel, meeting the weird mascots and just relaxing...that's the only thing that the sims 3 lacks ; a proper vacation pack. I know NRASS has a mod for that but the less mods the better in my book

That was actually why I hated World Adventures back in the day and never gave it a fair shot at all, until the last several years. I posted about it a few years ago in another thread here. I could tell by the theme of the pack that it was going to be the "travel" pack for TS3 (and this was way before even Island Paradise), and I was so put off by that that I didn't actually play with any of the content for a long time despite buying it lol.

It was a pretty common sentiment too from what I understand. Had it been the third or fourth pack, I don't think it would've been received nearly as polarizing. But as it stands now, I'm glad I gave it a chance all these years later. It was one of the last packs absolutely filled to the brim with quality content and even if the adventures get a bit old after a while, definitely in my top packs for TS3.

Anyway, in the context of this thread - started with the base game and WA, Ambitions and Late Night. Latter two happen to be two of my favorite themes besides travel.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 31st Jul 2024 at 10:25 AM
I also want my sims to go on holidays like in the sims 1 and 2, such as picking a hotel, meeting the weird mascots and just relaxing...that's the only thing that the sims 3 lacks ; a proper vacation pack.

I agree, but to be fair- it is an adventure pack and not a lounge on the beach pack!

Quote: Originally posted by Jathom95
It was a pretty common sentiment too from what I understand. Had it been the third or fourth pack, I don't think it would've been received nearly as polarizing.

I think the reason they did that pack first was because they were really changing the way the worlds worked- for example, the lighting in the WA worlds was done slightly differently from the basegame, so that they could follow that with worlds like Bridgeport. A lot of code changes that they needed for later expansions.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 31st Jul 2024 at 8:48 PM Last edited by igazor : 10th Aug 2024 at 12:18 AM.
I know NRASS has a mod for that but the less mods the better in my book

Yeah, they're all a bunch of really unhelpful losers over there and you wouldn't want their mods messing things up on you. (just kidding, of course)

What I really wanted to point out though is that it's spelled NRaas, not NRass.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8 Old 31st Jul 2024 at 10:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Yeah, they're all a bunch of really unhelfpul losers over there and you wouldn't want their mods messing things up on you. (just kidding, of course)

That igazor is the worst!

(But I love him all the same )
Mad Poster
#9 Old 3rd Aug 2024 at 12:07 AM
I'd bought the basegame and then Steam just had to go and put the entire collection on a really good sale like two weeks later so I bought all of it, and honestly I think that may have been a mistake- so far the only packs I've played with enough to even have a slight idea of are World Adventures and Island Paradise, and while I like them both, I think having literally EVERYTHING available so fast was overwhelming, because I've still struggled to really get into TS3 to the same extent I ever managed with 1 or 2...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 3rd Aug 2024 at 1:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
I'd bought the basegame and then Steam just had to go and put the entire collection on a really good sale like two weeks later so I bought all of it, and honestly I think that may have been a mistake- so far the only packs I've played with enough to even have a slight idea of are World Adventures and Island Paradise, and while I like them both, I think having literally EVERYTHING available so fast was overwhelming, because I've still struggled to really get into TS3 to the same extent I ever managed with 1 or 2...

Yeah I understand! This happened to me with the sims 4 when I yk...*bought* it, and got all the packs at once. I played for a few weeks before getting the grasp of all the packs.

https://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/expansionpacks.php This is the link to Carl's Sims 3 Guide. If you scroll down this specific page, there will be Pack names highlighted in a dark blue with an underline. If you click that, Carl guides you through what comes with EVERY pack! It's a great place to start when you have zero idea of what came with each pack.

If you're not into reading, I can recommend watching reviews of each pack (LGR is a youtuber who did popular reviews of the sims 3 back in the day) and videos that are 'things you missed in the sims 3' - Those types of videos usually have the script of ''in the sims 3 ____ expansion, there is an item called ____ and you can do ___ with it!!.'' Let's plays can also help a bit, there is many lets plays that focus solely on one pack. There's also ranking videos of people who rank sims 3 expansions, and in them the person would tell you WHY the pack is ranked in a certain tier - e.g. ''Generations is in the Superior tier because we got walking sticks for elders, and teenagers got proms!'' Whenever I watch any type of these videos, I'm constantly learning new things that are in the sims 3 that I didn't know about/forgot!

The way I did it with the sims 4 was with every generation of my family, I got involved in a different pack. E.g. I started my first generation in University, and when they graduated I got involved with the Get To Work jobs, and when they aged to elders I got involved in the Nifty Knitting Pack. So maybe you could apply that to the sims 3!

I could tell you the way that I would play with the sims 3 to experience all the packs, but I think this response is long enough so let me know if you'd like that

DONT! BE! BLEAK!
Scholar
#11 Old 3rd Aug 2024 at 12:18 PM Last edited by Elynda : 3rd Aug 2024 at 2:43 PM.
I was rather a late comer with Sims 3 (I think the first expansion I actually bought on release date was Supernatural). but to begin with I bought the base game and Late Night together as a limited edition boxed set. It was an impulse buy. And to make things more interesting I bought World Adventures at the same time. To tell the truth I was not, at first, terribly impressed with either. I soon gave up on putting my sims into high rises, because they had a tendency to get trapped in lifts.

And there were problems with WA: Sometimes sims would get lost in transit, and I'd find myself looking at the base camp in Champs Les Sims with no sign of my sim, and me unable to do anything but quit the game. On one occasion my sim went to Egypt with her partner, and when she returned the partner had disappeared and was never seen nor heard from again*. Also, whilst Egypt and France appeared to work fine, China had a tendency to go into very long pauses. Still, I enjoyed the music.

These issues got fixed by later patches (I have not lost a sim since) but it soon became apparent that, if I wanted more expansions, 2Gb RAM (Which is specified on the base game box) was not going to cut it. An upgrade, or better still, a new PC was called for. I have been through five computers since, plus the traumas of upgrading from XP to Vista, from Vista to Windows 7, and finally to WIndows 10 (No more, I say! Desist!).

To say nothing of all other EPs and SPs, that initial impulse purchase has cost me a fortune in new hardware and operating systems. Is it to be wondered at then, that I refuse to get sucked into the Sims 4 exploitathon? Sims 3 forever!

(*The story of my life, really.)

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

tumblr: Elyndaworld *** tumblr: Queen Lucy (new)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 3rd Aug 2024 at 9:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elynda
And there were problems with WA: Sometimes sims would get lost in transit, and I'd find myself looking at the base camp in Champs Les Sims with no sign of my sim, and me unable to do anything but quit the game. On one occasion my sim went to Egypt with her partner, and when she returned the partner had disappeared and was never seen nor heard from again*

This is quite off topic to my OG post but I do have to say that my sims never coming back FRUSTRATED ME. It happened to me so often with Into The Future and I'm still worried to this day my sims will get stuck in the future Thank god it got patched tho!...hopefully I can get my 2013 sims back

DONT! BE! BLEAK!
Test Subject
#13 Old 4th Aug 2024 at 3:59 PM
My first pack was Supernatural about eleven years ago!! I remember the day I got it so vividly. I'm not much of a supernatural simmer now, but that pack will always have a massive place in my heart.
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 4th Aug 2024 at 7:00 PM
My first pack. World Adventures.
My last: Supernatural.
Overall, I went with release order but always waited for sales.
I think I waited the longest with Into the Future and Showtime except for Supernatural. Showtime just seemed like a worse retreat of Ambitions and Late Night, and I just didn't care much about Into the Future. It felt like a worse World Adventures based on concept. I still don't play it much and occasionally think of uninstalling it.
Supernatural is a great pack, as I discovered, but I needed to rethink how I view Supernaturals. These days, I think of them as minorities that are "different" culturally and ethnically, from all the other sims.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 9th Aug 2024 at 3:38 PM
I came into the Sims 3 really late (after Into the Future but before 4 was released) so I had all the packs to pick from. I picked Supernatural first because Makin' Magic was my favorite pack from 1. If I had to do it over I probably would have picked Ambitions or Generations, the ones that added more features rather than massive game play changes, first because Supernatural absolutely turned the economy sideways and I didn't know it until later. Alchemy can make your sims rich quicker than leveling up a job and being able to consign gems in the elixir store makes gem hunting a viable career. The gem cutter and elixir register also makes tomb raiding ridiculously profitable- though Adventures was one of my later grabs.

My last pack was Pets but only because I wanted to make sure my computer could handle it on top of Seasons.