Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Aug 2024 at 4:53 AM
Default What pets would you give the premades?
Cyd Roseland, Tara Kat, and the Kims are the only premade Sims that have pets. What pets would you give the other premades that aren't from the Pets EP?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 17th Aug 2024 at 5:11 AM
Don Lothario gets a tomcat, obviously.

The Goths have a choice of black cats, tarantulas, and ravens (tarantulas and ravens available in CC). Bella, however, has a Dalmatian as a fashion accessory.

The Beakers can't have a pet - they'd experiment on it. But Nervous, once he gets free, needs a service dog. Something along the lines of a Golden Retriever.

Lazlo is a dog person, Vidcund is a cat person, and Pascal doesn't want any pets because they're dirty. Vidcund tells him that cats are very clean animals and he responds that actually they're covered in cat spit.

The Monties have Italian greyhounds and the Capps have British bulldogs. Obviously they escape their yards and have weird-looking puppies together.

The Smiths need an English sheepdog because that's The Domestic Sitcom Dog. It's probably named Shep or Rover.

Chloe and Lola have a Siamese cat. Kristen has a mutt that plays frisbee with her. Erin has a black cat that she insists is her familiar.

Buzz tells Buck he can get a dog, intending to get a German shepherd, rottweiler, or Doberman. Instead Buck comes home with a Pomeranian. Buzz tries to send it back to the humane society but Fuzzball is too clever and charismatic for him.

The Summerdreams have a parrot that talks in riddles.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#3 Old 17th Aug 2024 at 10:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
The Goths have a choice of black cats, tarantulas, and ravens (tarantulas and ravens available in CC). Bella, however, has a Dalmatian as a fashion accessory.

Where did you get a tarantula from?
Scholar
#4 Old 17th Aug 2024 at 11:59 AM
I always see Don Lothario with a goofy black lab who is truly the greatest love of his life. I think Nina would have a cat who is aloof with everyone, and Dina would have a dog tiny enough to fit in her purse that she babies. The Goths would have several black, half-wild cats slinking around the place. The Burbs have a super-friendly golden retriever. Angela is a dog person, and Lilith is a cat person.

Animals give Nervous someone safe to take care of. I usually give him a womrat and a couple of cats. The Smiths would definitely have the goofy, slobbery, sitcom-esque dog, while the Grunts' dogs are disciplined and highly trained.

However, I rarely remember to play with pets. In my current Strangetown, Nervous has his cat and womrat, Sarah Love has a stray cat she adopted, and the Travellers (my werewolf family) have an extremely sloppy dalmatian who has dug holes all over the yard. I really need to get the Smiths (Jill and Buck now) their dog. As Jill says, "That would make their family truly the most perfect family in Strangetown."
Mad Poster
#5 Old 17th Aug 2024 at 12:59 PM
The Goths would have cats-black cats, to be specific. Mortimer would have a lab full of research mice he rescued from the local university research facility. He likes to train them on hamster wheels and miniature mazes in his spare time.

The Pleasant family would have a Golden retriever who jumps on everyone when they come through the door.

Dina Caliente would have a small barky dog who she worships (and like Sturlington suggested, keeps in her purse) and covers in ribbons.

Nina would have a Siamese cat who sits on the counters and stares at all the visitors until they leave.

The Burbs would have a St. Bernard that sheds/drools on everything, everyone and who loves to sleep on Lucy's bed.

Don Lothario would have a parrot that he teaches to repeat all the come-on lines he uses with women, and messages for use on the phone when he's not available to answer it. The parrot also knows all the curse words known to simkind.

The Oldies would not have pets, but they would be the part-time employees of an animal shelter.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://www.mediafire.com/?r=wbmnd#myfiles
Mad Poster
#6 Old 17th Aug 2024 at 2:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity

Alas, I did not download them. I only remember seeing them, and my DuckDuckGo Fu is failing me. Probably they were cloned from either the womrat or the toy dog pen, probably I saw it on tumblr. I wish I could tell you more.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#7 Old 17th Aug 2024 at 9:57 PM

There is one here: http://www.theninthwavesims.com/201...p-required.html
Mad Poster
#8 Old 18th Aug 2024 at 2:27 PM
Thanks. I knew about that one. I was just hoping that there was a more tarantula like one.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 18th Aug 2024 at 2:48 PM
I always wanted a skeleton cat for the Goths, except that Alexander would innocently have a cowplant, because he loved it, not because he wanted to hurt anyone.

Dina, in stereotypical 2000s fashion, would have a toy dog that she carries in her purse.

John Burb would have a yellow lab, just like the one he used to growing up
Mad Poster
#10 Old 18th Aug 2024 at 3:01 PM
Thanks. I knew about that one. I was just hoping that there was a more tarantula like one.

I'm not sure if this one is more tarantula-like, but it's an alternative (and it's more of an interactive decoration) - spider with ant terrarium animations, here (login required, but it's also co-posted at GoS). Bonus butterfly
Mad Poster
#11 Old 18th Aug 2024 at 3:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
I'm not sure if this one is more tarantula-like, but it's an alternative (and it's more of an interactive decoration) - spider with ant terrarium animations, here (login required, but it's also co-posted at GoS). Bonus butterfly

Already knew about that one, but didn't know that you'd made the butterfly terrarium useable, so thanks!