Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#4301 Old 21st Jul 2024 at 8:18 PM Last edited by StrangeTownChick : 21st Jul 2024 at 10:06 PM.
"Time for a wedding. With toddler quads in the house. What could go wrong?"
Not to mention two pregnant ladies due literally any second. This is going to be interesting.

Upon entering the house: "Alright everybody's got some chores to do to get this house in order. I am going to take care of the toddlers. I'm going to ask you all to DO AS I HAVE ASKED or you are getting locked in the closet. We don't even have a closet in this house but I am going to build one."

Edit: One wedding, one single birth, one triplet birth, and one growing-up-of-toddler-quads that I didn't realize was the same day later, everyone got to bed by 1 AM and I have had three years of my life taken off.
At least the single birth was before 6PM and the triplets were after, so they won't age up on the same day. Which will make things a teeny tiny bit easier.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#4302 Old 28th Jul 2024 at 10:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
"Once again, Gilbert is going to be up to his eyeballs in child support bills."

I was re-rolling wants for the Jacquets. Gilbert (Romance/Pleasure) wants 50 dream dates. Denise (Fortune/Family) wants 6 grandchildren.

"It begins."

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Top Secret Researcher
#4303 Old 28th Jul 2024 at 1:12 PM
"What are you--ah. Alright, that's kinda more important. I'll give you that one."
I had directed one of my sims to get her toddler daughter on the potty and then into bed. She queuestomped it and I was about to get mad at her but then I realized she was going into labor.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#4304 Old 28th Jul 2024 at 11:02 PM
"I think the game was listening to me. Okay, okay! You've proved your point now!"

You remember I was saying not so long ago how I don't seem to get multiple births in my current hood, and I had my percentages set to 4/2/1% for twins/triplets/quads (plus the natural 10% chance of twins should overlay this, even though I wish it wouldn't!) so it really should have happened in the 20+ births I'd had since that point, and I was a little bit worried that something wasn't working correctly.

Well my game must have heard me, because 3/5 of my most recent births have indeed been twins. Boy/Girl (Barbara and Bernard), Girl/Girl but so different-looking that I kept them fraternal (Cyan and Indigo), and lastly a pair of boys, both exactly the same skin, hair and eyes, so I might identicalise them when I see what toddler faces they get. Their parents have such different faces that one of their older sisters looks a little unfortunate while the other is quite good-looking. Their names are a bit mismatched, though. Florian and Harry. Their surname is Honeydew and I feel like Florian fits much better. But I immediately thought "Harry Honeydew" and couldn't get it out of my mind, so he has a very normal name while his siblings are Florian, Bluebell and Maple. I might change his name. (Any suggestions?)

Second thing which happened.

I have an elder romance male sim, Quinlan, who seems to be carrying on with half the hood at a time. He got his live-in lover pregnant, and another lover (Rosetta Stone, dread pirate) pregnant too. They proceeded not to find out about each other, although I suspect Rosetta would not have cared, except that she and Quinlan were having this kind of threesome arrangement with another elder, hippy townie, Victoria. Victoria kept wanting to get married and I felt she was lonely, so I married her to Rosetta, and they planned to bring up the baby together in this old converted bus where they live. All was going well, except that firstly, since they married she felt that she ought to have Rosetta all to herself. Quinlan and Rosetta did not agree, and she was upset about this. Secondly, I have the temperature mod by Simler90 and their only heating on the bus was this pot belly stove thing. And being an old bus, it did not have a smoke alarm. The toddler was constantly cold so I kept lighting the fire and you can guess what happened. Rosetta, having learned fire safety since an adventurer needs to be prepared, tried to extinguish it, but it was too much for her so she called the fire brigade, but not before catching fire herself, running around and setting fire to the rest of the bus. (I have the extinguish self mod and I have no idea how she managed to ignore the swimming pool!) She perished, and her wife was too busy panicking to plead for her life. I suspect that she would not have succeeded anyway, because she was still low in relationship towards her after catching her "cheating". Anyway she and the toddler were obviously devastated. She immediately rolled the want to speak to Quinlan. I thought this was surprisingly perceptive of her. It was just before 6am and I knew he would be mad but I thought what the heck. It's an emergency!

Anyway, he answered the phone with "Calling me in the middle of the night for any reason other than to tell me my house is on fire is not cool!"

Which made me reply "Dude! It might not be YOUR house, but your daughter's house is on fire and her mother is dead! Have some compassion!"

Victoria instead made a call to get Rosetta's dog taken away to adoption and then waited until 7am, called him again. She had two speech bubbles: A crossed-out X-ray, a daisy, and then she hung up. I interpreted this as: "Rosetta has died in a fire. No, her injuries were so bad she couldn't be saved. She is pushing up daisies! I'm bringing your daughter around. Goodbye."

I put the skull of Jumbok into the toddler's inventory, moved them both into Quinlan's house, called everyone into the same room, made Victoria hug Quinlan romantically in front of his cohabiting girlfriend, and then let her complete the autonomous action she had done to the toddler before making her back into a townie. Quinlan now has two daughters living with him and a furious girlfriend, but I think she will forgive him. They are both exhausted. The toddlers, somehow, are exactly the same age (so they are in fact quasi-twins!) and even though their parents seem to struggle to keep up with their needs, they actually like each other enough to huggle, and don't steal bottles from each other.

Phew!! Three more current pregnancies in my hood, so let's see if the trend continues or stops now that it has almost statistically caught up.

Check out my thoughts on Psymchology (Sim Psychology) - latest post is on the main six aspirations.
Page 173 of 173