2 people viewing
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old Yesterday at 7:09 AM
Default Sims 5 CANCELLED?
Soooo an article recently came out from EA that the sims 5 is NOT happening...

In the article they said they want to expand the sims 4, and don't want to ruin people's 10 year progress in the game.

Thoughts?

DONT! BE! BLEAK!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old Yesterday at 7:09 AM
Like what was project renee even about if not sims 5????

DONT! BE! BLEAK!
Mad Poster
#3 Old Yesterday at 7:53 AM
"Ten years progress" This isn't TS2 or even TS3 where that even matters... TS4 I've played for 10 years insofar off and on and I am barely attached to any of my Sims. They just don't have that "magic" of earlier titles.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old Yesterday at 7:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dontbebleakdahling
Sims 5 CANCELLED?

I don't think they ever announced a Sims 5 did they? Renee always seemed to be something seperate (they announced that under pressure from Paralives and LifeByYou).
(Why do I keep thinking of Renee as Renesmee )
Inventor
#5 Old Yesterday at 2:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I don't think they ever announced a Sims 5 did they?

No they did not, but people were talking about it all the time. I was one of those who believed that it was a real project and I was genuinely interested in it; shows how stupid or, at best, how naive I am. What surprised me was that the latest news did not disappoint me at all; my first thought was that we are lucky to escape all the drama that would inevitably come with TS5.
Field Researcher
#6 Old Yesterday at 3:54 PM Last edited by simgamer18955 : Yesterday at 4:08 PM.
I mean was Sims 5 ever in development to begin with? We just assumed Project Renee was it, but it never made sense for it to be the next entry in the series. EA wants to keep TS4 running alongside Renee. In what world would the next main line entry compete with the old game? I get EA wants all the money in the world but still
Field Researcher
#7 Old Yesterday at 5:24 PM
I think it's possible Sims 5 was in development at some point but maybe never got past the planning stages.

A while ago we were getting news that EA was looking at Roblox with $$ in their eyes. Like I said back then, they want to be Roblox. They see money in interactive online play where people can create anything and sell it in their marketplace so they can get a cut. That's what they want The Sims 4 AND Project Renee to be. To them, Sims 4 is likely just the single player version of Project Renee.

When Sims 4 becomes too old and they no longer wish to support it, they'll just push and transition people to adopt Project Renee. This is why they won't just drop Sims 4 yet, Sims 4 is their lifeboat to eventually get people on Project Renee. Developing Sims 5 would likely hinder this goal since they want to be the next Roblox.
Mad Poster
#8 Old Yesterday at 8:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kirabook
I think it's possible Sims 5 was in development at some point but maybe never got past the planning stages.

A while ago we were getting news that EA was looking at Roblox with $$ in their eyes. Like I said back then, they want to be Roblox. They see money in interactive online play where people can create anything and sell it in their marketplace so they can get a cut. That's what they want The Sims 4 AND Project Renee to be. To them, Sims 4 is likely just the single player version of Project Renee.

When Sims 4 becomes too old and they no longer wish to support it, they'll just push and transition people to adopt Project Renee. This is why they won't just drop Sims 4 yet, Sims 4 is their lifeboat to eventually get people on Project Renee. Developing Sims 5 would likely hinder this goal since they want to be the next Roblox.

I hate roblox. I hate how it infringes on the copyrights of other entities. I hate how unsafe of an environment it is for kids. I hate its monetization practices. I wish it would be tossed into the sun along with its creator(s).

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
#9 Old Yesterday at 9:22 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : Yesterday at 9:38 PM. Reason: Clarity and Addendum
Right now, I have 103 hours of play time accumulated and I still haven't grown accustomed to them. Besides, the last time I played with them was back in July this year, but life got in the way. And before that, it was during the former half of the COVID-19 pandemic that I last played with them.

Still, as they stated, EA didn't want to have people start all over again nor were they going for a 5th edition.

I still am unsure about Project Rene.

Somehow, all of this...Sounds sketchy, for some off reason.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Lab Assistant
#10 Old Yesterday at 11:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
"Ten years progress" This isn't TS2 or even TS3 where that even matters... TS4 I've played for 10 years insofar off and on and I am barely attached to any of my Sims. They just don't have that "magic" of earlier titles.

Exactly. Sims 4 never captured my imagination like the previous titles did. And TS4 is old at this point. As far as I know, it is basically being held together with duct tape at this point as it's become so buggy with all the packs added, and they don't even fix bugs before they add more packs and more bugs.

Legends of Dragon Valley - A Sims 3 Random Legacy
Alchemist
#11 Old Yesterday at 11:16 PM
I felt like it was going to be weak anyway considering what TS4 turned out to be. After 10 years, enZOI is showing what a life sim can be with current technology. It has it's problems(IMO) but likey will be better than what TS5 would have been. I think that's why it was cancelled.