Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jun 2024 at 9:29 PM
Bounding Mesh crashing
Working on a new gate mesh, meshed and exported in Blender 3.5 using the GMDC plugin. Imports and functions perfectly otherwise, but when trying to generate a bounding mesh using SimPE using the latest version from Chris Hatch, the game crashes when hovering the cursor over it.

Even creating a bounding mesh in Blender and using the plugin to export causes the same crash too.

I'm a little lost on how to fix this. Any advice?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 18th Jun 2024 at 1:06 AM
Are you clicking the "add to bounding mesh" button? That one can sometimes cause issues.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Jun 2024 at 3:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Are you clicking the "add to bounding mesh" button? That one can sometimes cause issues.

This one right? The one in the Groups tab., this is the one that I am pressing.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 18th Jun 2024 at 3:39 AM
That's the one that can cause issues if you don't use it properly (or use it in the wrong cases, like for jointed meshes).

HL has a tutorial on proper usage (plus precautions) here: http://hugelunatic.com/fixing-the-bounding-mesh/
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Jun 2024 at 5:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
That's the one that can cause issues if you don't use it properly (or use it in the wrong cases, like for jointed meshes).

HL has a tutorial on proper usage (plus precautions) here: http://hugelunatic.com/fixing-the-bounding-mesh/

Thank you very much.
I followed the tutorial, adding the bounding mesh, then extracting the GMDC resource, then reimporting it by replacing it with the copy I just extracted, then extracted it again(?) but it's still crashing.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 18th Jun 2024 at 4:15 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 18th Jun 2024 at 4:35 PM.
It's possible the item is a bit iffy after editing.

Are you sure you need to add the bounding mesh (via the button)? Often it's enough to import the mesh the proper way, and the bounding mesh is fine (or at least doesn't cause any trouble).

The times I've been editing the bounding mesh is if I've added something that isn't meant to be grabbable ingame (glass doors on a shelf with slots, or some such).