Quick Reply
Search this Thread
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jun 2024 at 10:46 AM
Default Shader help- DreadPirate Shaderfixes with Lazy Duchess' Lot Lighting Fix
Hey, have any of you tried using DreadPirate's Shader Fixes (no more blue snow) with Lazy Duchess' Lot Lighting fixes?

Lazy Duchess says:
Quote:
I’ve included different versions compatible with the same lot water mods as @dreadpirate​’s Shader Fixes, and versions compatible with Shader Fixes if you don’t want the blue snow inside of the “DreadPirate Shader Fixes” folder.

The Dread Pirate folder in Lazy Duchess' mod looks like this:

If I put one of those in my Downloads, I still have blue snow.

DreadPirate's mod has four folders:

I need to choose one from each of those.

But using any of those with Lazy Duchess' mod breaks it- I get white snow but glowy lot edges!

I can make them work independently, but not together.

Could anyone tell me what combination of these mods I need to use?

I will ask Lazy Duchess if no-one has had luck with this, but he is not too active here and I don't have accounts on Tumblr. So I thought I'd ask here first.
Thanks for any help!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 21st Jun 2024 at 12:05 AM Last edited by aelflaed : 21st Jun 2024 at 12:51 AM. Reason: more info
I had much the same problem...let me see if I can figure out what I did...

I made a post about it myself a while ago:
https://www.pillowfort.social/posts/3229544

and I have a set of images I took with different combinations. At one stage I had bright yellow snow, and then pale pink!

For Cinema Secrets lighting, I am currently using :
dreadpirate_shaderfixes_earoofshader
dreadpirate_shaderfixes_main_ldbrightcasfix
dreadpirate_shaderfixes_voeillehoodwater
dreadpirate_shaderfixes_voeillelotwater

and I don't seem to have lazyduchess' mod at all.
I think I never found a way to make them work together, and decided it wasn't worth the fuss. Visible lot edges were better than bright yellow snow.
I didn't try to contact lazyduchess.
Let me know if you get a better solution!

My new downloads are on my Pillowfort
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#3 Old 21st Jun 2024 at 10:23 AM
dreadpirate_shaderfixes_main and ld_LotLightingFix_DR_shaderfixes

I don't use any other portions of the lighting mods, I use an old spookymuffin lighting mod.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Jun 2024 at 10:31 AM
Thank you aelflaed ! I'm using Ddefinder's Gun Mod lighting, slightly modified by me. I can get @LazyDuchess mod to work okay with Voeille's water, and DreadPirate's shader fixes work okay in the combo you have (although I don't use the CAS lighting fix). But together, well- depending upon which one I load first or last, I get either one or the other not working, or else some strange effects like the blue lot road snow you pictured on Pillowfort. Perhaps I'll just have to accept that they don't play well together, I only tried because LazyDuchess specifically mentions it. I wonder whether my lighting mod is affecting things also.

Thank you for your reply! I'll send a message to LazyDuchess here but I don't think they log in that often, and don't know if they will have time to reply!

EDIT: Just saw @HugeLunatic 's reply, thank you! Is that the only two files I should use? Because they don't work for me!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 21st Jun 2024 at 2:31 PM
I had the same issue with the yellow snow and it turned out it was due to not deleting enough of the files in the DreadPirate Shader Fixes folder.

I don't use the same mods as you so I probably can't help with the exact combination of files but I recommend trying out different combos, perhaps in a test hood with just those mods?

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#6 Old 21st Jun 2024 at 4:48 PM
I wonder if they conflict with the defender lighting mod? I also use dreadpirate_shaderfixes_ealotwater and dreadpirate_shaderfixes_deastrumquodvicisroofshader, but don't appear to have hood water default. hrm
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 21st Jun 2024 at 5:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
I don't use the same mods as you so I probably can't help with the exact combination of files but I recommend trying out different combos, perhaps in a test hood with just those mods?

Thanks @simsfreq , yes I've tried out different combos and also load order, I have a set of vanilla game files also which I swap in when testing things like this. Whatever I do, I'm getting odd colours with the snow when using both mods together. But singly, the mods work fine.

Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
I wonder if they conflict with the defender lighting mod?

I think the Ddefinder radiance lighting makes the odd effects I'm seeing look worse, but they are still there when testing with my vanilla game data files. I'm not using any shaders with the Ddefinder radiance lighting lighting, it's all script and nlo changes. Using the combo of files that you mentioned to me seems to work best:

I have the voeille water in the LazyDuchess mod. If I use the voeille water files in the DreadPirate shader files, then it seems to break the LazyDuchess mod altogether. I think what I was confused about is that DreadPirate says: 'Copy ONE from EACH of the subfolders to your Downloads folder' indicating that I had to have four files for that mod to work, and then LazyDuchess says: 'and versions compatible with Shader Fixes if you don’t want the blue snow inside of the “DreadPirate Shader Fixes” folder' which I initially thought meant that it contained the DreadPirate fixes.

Thank you all for your help, I'm still having some odd effects with the light snow (it shows blue for me under some circumstances) but the deep snow is looking a lot better, and the LD shaderfixes seem to be working.
Screenshots