Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Feb 2014 at 6:06 PM Last edited by DOLCE_VIDA : 11th Mar 2014 at 10:15 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Late Night, Seasons
Default sims3 packs conflict [resolved]
Hi all,
After constantly having conflicts with sims3 packs, I did a "factory reset" of my game, so I could have a "clean slate", fresh DCCACHE, clean MODs folder...etceteras. Thought this would solve the problems that are pointed out (Thanks to Delphy's dashboard), but I'm still getting the same message.

I remember the problem popping up after I patched-up my game (can't remember which patch), then my fave patterns, and other items started conflicting...

I'm patched to 1.63...
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 25th Feb 2014 at 6:15 PM
What message?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Feb 2014 at 6:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
What message?

My bad, that would help...
When I filter the dash (so it can show me any possible conflicts), it says: "Conflicts with\ thesims3\dccache\dcdb0.dbc"

Did I miss something, even though I cleaned out everything?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 25th Feb 2014 at 7:50 PM
What file(s) is it saying conflict with the dcb?

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Feb 2014 at 7:55 PM Last edited by DOLCE_VIDA : 25th Feb 2014 at 8:10 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
What file(s) is it saying conflict with the dcb?

all of them...tand they have those long file names...

Here's a screen shot:

So I'll remove the files that are conflicting...and it gets resolved once all the packs are removed...and it goes across the whole board...decor, patterns...etc.
Screenshots
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#6 Old 25th Feb 2014 at 8:33 PM
Yes, the files in DCBackup are supposed to conflict with the Files in DCCache. They're the same files, except the ones in DCCache are merged for faster loading, while the ones in DCBackup are kept separate so they can be included with lots you package.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Feb 2014 at 8:41 PM
I'm sorry, I'm confused...I understand conflicts between the cache and backup, but after the "re-set" there were no files in the backup or cache..yet as i'm installing stuff all over I'm still being told it's conflicting...

how can it be if the item was not there in the 1st place? I'm going to delete all the backup files and see if that helps...the only one I should NOT touch is the ccmerged right?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 25th Feb 2014 at 9:31 PM Last edited by DOLCE_VIDA : 26th Feb 2014 at 11:45 PM.
Well it worked. After installing the packs, I want to the backup folder and deleted the back-ups and it worked. I never had to do that before so...now I know a possible fix. Thank you.

Reply to the post below: 26 FEB 2014
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, *laughing at myself* All this time I'm thinking I did something wrong and the CC is jacked...

Will ignore that message on the dash, and leave the folders alone... You rock Nysha! Thanks for your breaking it down more than once...yea, I can be "slow" at times...
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#9 Old 26th Feb 2014 at 1:28 AM
The reason why the cache and the backups started "conflicting" again when you installed new sims3packs is that every time you install a sims3pack, it is installed into two places - DCCache and DCBackup. That's supposed to happen, it's not a bug or a problem. Although Dashboard thinks the files are conflicting because it is designed to scan one folder at a time, the files don't actually conflict, because the game only loads the files in DCCache - it ignores the DCBackup files until you tell it to export a lot or sim. So it's just the same as if you had backed up your Mods/Packages folder on your Desktop, used Dashboard to scan your entire computer, and it told you that The Sims 3/Mods/Packages/Blah.package conflicts with Desktop/Blah.package. Yeah, they're the same file, but they're supposed to be.

You don't need to delete anything. Your game is fine. Leave the DCBackup alone and stop using Dashboard on it.

Test Subject
#10 Old 13th Jul 2024 at 10:24 AM
Related question: I have 2 Build/Buy items (an island counter and a wall-adjacent counter) that came from the same creator, in the same set -- and they show up as conflicting packages in Delphy's Dashboard. They can't be actually conflicting items in-game (it also flagged a counter with a built-in sink as conflicting with the other two), so is there a way to resolve the conflict without having to delete one of the items?

Thanks!