Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Aug 2024 at 9:06 PM
Default Lore in other games
What Sims 2 lore do you wish EA would’ve continued into the other games ?

DONT! BE! BLEAK!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 18th Aug 2024 at 9:10 PM
None of it. I actually resent the mess they made of the Sims 2 premades in Sims 4.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 18th Aug 2024 at 9:58 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 19th Aug 2024 at 3:11 PM.
^ Same. If they must, make entirely new lore, or pretend they're 50+ years ahead of TS2, with TS2 sims as either dead or older ancestors (similar to what TS2 did with TS1, and to some degree TS3, even if they went back in time). Remakes of the TS2 sims just fall flat.)

Personally, I never had any interest in the TS4 versions (and quite frankly didn't have much interest in premades or lore in TS2 either - but I get that some people enjoy it).

I'd preferred fewer premades in both games, and for TS4 that they'd rather have more prebuilt lots, or empty lots for building, because those hoods are crowded as-is.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Aug 2024 at 6:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
None of it. I actually resent the mess they made of the Sims 2 premades in Sims 4.

I feel EA thought there would be backlash if the staple-of-the-series characters didn’t return. And probably there would be.

In my honest opinion, the Princess Cordelia lore could’ve been pushed more towards the forefront for ts4 ! It would be interesting to revolve a game around a historical figure!

DONT! BE! BLEAK!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 19th Aug 2024 at 12:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dontbebleakdahling
I feel EA thought there would be backlash if the staple-of-the-series characters didn’t return. And probably there would be.

In my honest opinion, the Princess Cordelia lore could’ve been pushed more towards the forefront for ts4 ! It would be interesting to revolve a game around a historical figure!

They felt the backlash anyway, because almost no one except the people who played Sims 4 first were happy with their spin on the premades. A couple years ago, they even began releasing updates with new versions of the Sims because they did such a bad job the first time.

I agree that they could've done something more with the historical figure. And Johnny Zest, the disowned Landgraab was an interesting idea, but since they only hinted at his origins, it didn't work as well as it could have.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Aug 2024 at 12:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
Johnny Zest, the disowned Landgraab was an interesting idea, but since they only hinted at his origins, it didn't work as well as it could have.

Johnny zest could’ve been included in an expansion pack that worked with the story and it would’ve made his character a lot more interesting

E.g. Get Famous - he could’ve been in a tiny home, with the plot being him trying to ‘expose the lies’ of the land grabs or trying to become famous for some type of money since he’s broke

That’s my option though, might not be great🤷🤷

DONT! BE! BLEAK!