Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Aug 2024 at 2:52 AM
How to add sims into lots without playing them?
I have a lot of townies in my bin, and I want to move them in lots. The problem is, when I move them, it takes me into the lot playing as them. How do I just put them and not play them as well?

Are you a contestant on Papa Chet's Pizza Pandemonium?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 3rd Aug 2024 at 3:02 AM
If I correctly understand wht you're asking, don't think it's possible at all through neighbourhood view. But Sim Transporter can do it from a different household.

Quote:
SimTransporter is a tool with which you can move in and out sims easily. It isn't a teleporter but a move in tool.

For an example, if you want to move Kassandra to Darren Dreamer's family and you are now playing Lothario, you don't need to quit Lothario and then enter Darren's lot. You can "transport" Kassandra to Darren's lot while playing Lothario. If you visit Darren's house after that, Kassandra will be there.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#3 Old 3rd Aug 2024 at 4:00 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 3rd Aug 2024 at 3:28 PM.
If you have them showing as one by one in the family bin, you should be able to move one sim in, then use a teleporter to move in more sims from the bin (they are accessible from the family bin), so you don't have to go in and out of the lot. Make sure you know which townies you want in which lot (writing down the names is probably a good idea).

The first sim always takes you to the lot, though. I don't think there's a way around it.

Make sure you properly move them in (via mod or asking), and not just teleport them in.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Aug 2024 at 11:26 AM
Thanks a lot, guys. I heard from Discord that you could do it with SimPE, but the method you shared to me is much easier.

Are you a contestant on Papa Chet's Pizza Pandemonium?
Mad Poster
#5 Old 3rd Aug 2024 at 5:56 PM
If you move one sim in then you can add as many others to the household as you can fit without having to reload the lot, so at least you'd only have to go into the lot once.