Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jul 2024 at 11:40 AM Last edited by simsi45 : 18th Jul 2024 at 3:09 PM.
Default Certain lights don't produce ground lighting?
Hi! So for context I'm using supercaw, which as many of you know includes most of the in-game catalog build/buy stuff. I wanted to use these garden step lights on some of my pathways however they don't produce ground lighting which looks odd to me. Normal streetlights work fine, it's just the catalog lights that don't really work when placed outside of lots. Anyone has any idea what's going on or if it's possible to fix it?

1st pic showcases how the lights look like in CAW.

2nd pic is what they should look like.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 18th Jul 2024 at 10:54 PM
Not all lights are world-lighting enabled, which you can test by placing the same light at the very edge of a lot in-game and seeing if the light casts beyond the border.

It is possible to convert lights, thread here, but it's not an issue with CAW if that's the behaviour you're seeing
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Jul 2024 at 11:55 PM
@CardinalSims Ok so I read your helpful feedback on that thread, and made a default override of the LITE resource of this specific light adding a second lightresource type (worldlight) and it actually seems to work! I suppose however that if anyone ever downloads my upcoming world they would need that altered resource for the light to light up for them as well.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#4 Old 19th Jul 2024 at 2:34 AM
That's true, but if you only include the LITE in the package it's very lightweight to include as a piece of required/highly-recommended CC.
I hope you find a solution that works to your preference, and good luck with the work on your world!