Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jul 2023 at 8:41 AM
How deep can I go in Tray and Mods folder?
Can I make folders inside of Tray in Sims 4? How many folders deep can I go in the Mods folder?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 4th Jul 2023 at 3:16 PM
By it's default settings from Resource.cfg, you can go up to five subfolders deep, but if it's a script file (.ts4script file) you cannot go anymore than 1 subfolder deep, like The Sims 4\Mods\Folder\ is acceptable, but The Sims 4\Mods\Folder\Folder\ is not.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Jul 2023 at 9:57 PM
Eh, so I can put a downloaded cc sim character into a folder in the Tray? I mean to say, can I make at least one folder in the Tray?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Jul 2023 at 3:09 PM
On further research I found out that you absolutely cannot make a folder in the Tray. That is disappointing. I wish you could go at least one deep. What a mess. I wonder what would happen if I just went in and deleted everything in the Tray folder? Would the custom sims I added to my game disappear or are they stored somewhere else and the Tray would regenerate with them in it?