Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jun 2024 at 4:40 AM
Default Enabling a part to be recolored worked and didn't work?
Hello! I tried to enable the "terre" middle section of Cassandre's garden circle mesh to be recolorable.

It works, but when I place the item down in game in it's original setting, it won't let me recolor it. If I place it using my recolors it works fine. Any ideas on how to fix it or where I went wrong? My CEP is enabled and _EnableColorOptionsGMND hasn't been deleted. I've enclosed pictures of what I did, what it looks like, uploaded my edited mesh, recolors, and a video of the problem in action to sfs.

Thank you to anyone who has a look or responds.

Cassandre's original garden deco here, towards the bottom of the page.

My edited mesh and recolors.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 14th Jun 2024 at 10:09 AM
Is editing the GMND all you did? (no "fix instances", or editing resource names, or anything like that?)

Have you removed all of the instances of the original mesh? Could be a file lurking about that's causing problems, especially if it's the original texture that's causing issues.

Also, delete the cache files if you haven't already (after making mesh edits). They can sometimes hold on to old info.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#3 Old 14th Jun 2024 at 10:47 PM
The mmat's in the edited mesh have teh defaultMaterial set to false, they should be true. There is also one for the surface_tiles, which is unnecessary since you are limited to 2 subsets.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Jun 2024 at 3:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Is editing the GMND all you did? (no "fix instances", or editing resource names, or anything like that?)

Have you removed all of the instances of the original mesh? Could be a file lurking about that's causing problems, especially if it's the original texture that's causing issues.

Also, delete the cache files if you haven't already (after making mesh edits). They can sometimes hold on to old info.

Sorry for the slow reply! Thanks. I didn't know to do that. If you don't mind, how would I go about doing that? Can you also explain why that needs to happen? I try to follow SimPE tutorials but they're often confusing to me. I understand if you don't have the time or patience for it though!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Jun 2024 at 3:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
The mmat's in the edited mesh have teh defaultMaterial set to false, they should be true. There is also one for the surface_tiles, which is unnecessary since you are limited to 2 subsets.

I will try that! I knew about the two subset limit but didn't realize the surface part needed to be detached still. Do I have to delete the surface mmat and or txmt? Thank you for your time!
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#6 Old 16th Jun 2024 at 9:46 AM
You don't have to, it won't affect how the object works. You'll need to keep the txmt though, it has all the values on how the texture should look (ie: shininess, etc).
Mad Poster
#7 Old 16th Jun 2024 at 2:09 PM
Plus, if you for whatever reason decide you want to switch up which subset takes on recolors, you already have it set up with a MMAT and all the needed resources, so you can do the same few steps (GMND, and fix the defualtMaterial) for the original file, and it should work with new recolors of that subset.

Another option is to clone the item and only keep the resources for the missing subset (and fix it), then use it together with the original mesh. That way the entire item(s) is recolorable. If so, probably a good idea to hide that part of the mesh in the original object, though (can cause polygon collision when you've got overlaying meshes).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old Yesterday at 3:39 AM
THANK YOU BOTH! It works now!