Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jul 2024 at 12:03 AM
Default Deleted sims in premade worlds seen with NRAAS Master Controller?
I first came from Sims 2, and with all the unused remnants of stuff floating around in there, like Viola Monty, or the hidden clones of Darleen Dreamer, Skip Broke, and Michael Bachelor, deleted sims of the past have interested me. I hadn't ever heard about anything like that in the Sims 3... up until I installed the game again about a month ago. This time, I ended up getting some of the basic NRAAS mods, like Master Controller, Overwatch, and Error Trap, since all the guides said I should. And just by perusing the menus (mostly the family tree command) I found some unused, possibly deleted sims left behind in some of the neighborhoods, that I've never seen any information on, at least on the sims wiki.

Going from least to most interesting- in Starlight Shores, I found a deleted copy of Jimmy Lemmon, one of the premade dead sims in the neighborhood- he has a blank portait, can't be summoned or added to the household, he has no traits or other information, but like the real Jimmy Lemmon, he still seems to be considered married to his (still alive) wife, Yolanda. Similarly, in Sunlit Tides, there are deleted copies of Penny Hale, Amika Kahale, Beverly Parrott, and Hal Watterson. Same story as Jimmy Lemmon's copy- blank portait, not recoverable, no sim info from hovering over them in the family tree, but are still connected to their living relatives in the family tree. In Appaloosa Plains, the same things all apply to a copy of Clarissa Riffin. Appaloosa Plains also has a ton of copies of every dead pet in the neighborhood, with 3(!) copies of Ducky Lionheart, Estela Marshall, and Glint 2.0 Singleton, and 4 (!) copies of Breezy, Dazzler, and Dizzy, all named (actual first name) GhostCat/Dog/Horse/Pony. Then it starts to get more interesting. Appaloosa Plains also has 5 sims in considered both Deceased and LocalMiniSim (which seems to mean semi-deleted in NRAAS?), who, like the previous copied sims, have a blank portrait, but oddly enough, all have traits, and aren't simply early versions of sims in the neighborhood. Additionally, the age numbers on NRAAS indicates they are all adults.

Shavon Borders- Green Thumb, Computer Whiz, Genius, Brave, Great Kisser
Phyllis Cotton- Charismatic, Computer Whiz, Virtuoso, Couch Potato, Workaholic
Tia Dewey- Charismatic, Ambitious, Childish, Brave, Easily Impressed
Desirae Hartley- Angler, Lucky, Hopeless Romantic, Couch Potato, Party Animal
Karen Santana- Coward, Charismatic, Hopeless Romantic, Loner, Natural Cook

Maybe they were supposed to be Appaloosa Plains's graveyard ghosts? There's only 1 human ghost in Appaloosa Plains's graveyard, maybe they were originally going to be more?

Finally, the most interesting find I made was in Sunset Valley. An entire deleted family! Consisting of adults Margarita and Antonio Flores, their child Lucas Flores, and their toddler Elena Flores. They all had no traits, favorite food or color, and a randomized LTW and favorite music genre, but they all had portraits, and best of all, it's pretty easy to recover them to full playability- just go to your house, pick NRAAS, Master Controller, add sim, and go to Type of Sim (or), LocalMiniSim, and click on all of them. They're now fully playable! These are also the only sims I could find any information on online... but only from a smaller, French sims wiki clone called Simpedia, but it all seems to corroborate what I found. Perhaps Basil Flores, who's in the Sunset Valley graveyard, was supposed to be related to them, but ended up being the only one of them to escape deletion? He does actually resemble the family quite a bit.

Now, I would like to see if anyone else could find out more about these weird deleted sims, and see if any more exist- I only have some of the expansions and DLC neighborhoods, so I'd need someone else to check Moonlight Falls, Isla Paradiso, Barnacle Bay, Lunar Lakes, Monte Vista, Aurora Skies, Dragon Valley, Midnight Hollow, and Roaring Heights, since I don't own any of them. I also never checked the university world, nor do I have WA or ITF, so I can't check the vacation or future worlds. Moreover, I was wondering how I might go about adding all this information to the Sims wiki, in case anyone else cares about my weird niche interests. I dunno, what do you guys think about all this?

Justice for Viola Monty!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 4th Jul 2024 at 9:09 AM
Yes I think Antonio Flores is the son of basil Flores and childhood friend to buster and Xander

I “resurrected” the Flores a few times

Alolissimo Pomel of Goldel Lucentel, it's me, the Fandom Gremlin and Different Twin.

My main site is at https://www.ncls.it/unigaia/

Just a girl on Entropy’s Side
Field Researcher
#3 Old 4th Jul 2024 at 10:07 PM
If I remember right, a 'mini-sim' is actually just the partial information/place holder information the game keeps on hand rather than a full fledged sim (thus the missing information- portraits, favorites, etc). Like if you invite someone from a vacation world/the future to visit, you get a copy of the mini-sim version of the character rather than a full character. They also are used as ghosts and place holders in family trees. I can't remember if there is an issue if you resurrect them with mods. I know if you are trying to marry/move-in a sim from another world, it's recommended that you travel to that world to marry the real sim (not the mini-sim) to make sure you get all the data.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 5th Jul 2024 at 7:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tacitala
If I remember right, a 'mini-sim' is actually just the partial information/place holder information the game keeps on hand rather than a full fledged sim (thus the missing information- portraits, favorites, etc). Like if you invite someone from a vacation world/the future to visit, you get a copy of the mini-sim version of the character rather than a full character. They also are used as ghosts and place holders in family trees. I can't remember if there is an issue if you resurrect them with mods. I know if you are trying to marry/move-in a sim from another world, it's recommended that you travel to that world to marry the real sim (not the mini-sim) to make sure you get all the data.

I think that’s also what happens if you use the tombstone of life and death to resurrect someone that connected two sims in a family tree

Since it brings them as babies (often different species or gender.) it only keeps the favorites and usually only two or one of the traits and of course the hair/eye/skin color but it turns them into face one.

Alolissimo Pomel of Goldel Lucentel, it's me, the Fandom Gremlin and Different Twin.

My main site is at https://www.ncls.it/unigaia/

Just a girl on Entropy’s Side